Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Member
 
Grumpytrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Posts: 86
New Jayco Owner-Central Illinois

My wife and I have bought our first Jayco travel trailer, a 330RLTS. This is our 5th trailer. Went to the International Rally in Michigan this year and had a great time. Will hopefully camp with a local chapter sometime soon.

Regards,
__________________

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mostly the US
Posts: 10,004
Welcome to JOF grumpytrkr! Congratulations on the new 5'er.
__________________
moderator
Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
JAMMFAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 147
Congrats on the trailer, love the floor plan!
__________________
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3/ 3.73 Tekonsha Primus brake controller
2011 JayFeather Select 29L
Husky Centerline WDH
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Member
 
Grumpytrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMFAM View Post
Congrats on the trailer, love the floor plan!
This was sort of a retirement gift for my wife. We were looking for a trailer for some extended trips, and wanted a travel trailer. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis, and needed to keep the topper on the truck to keep her mobility scooter out of the weather. We had a Fleetwood with 2 slides, however, when my wife seen this with the two livingroom slides, and the fireplace, I knew the checkbook was going to take a hit.

I'm using a Equalizer hitch, with the "4 point" sway control. No problems with it. As a matter of fact, this is the 3ed trailer it has been on.

Safe Travels,
__________________

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
My wife and I have bought our first Jayco travel trailer, a 330RLTS. This is our 5th trailer. Went to the International Rally in Michigan this year and had a great time. Will hopefully camp with a local chapter sometime soon.

Regards,
Congradulations on the Jayco TT.

We have been talking about going to the Jayco International Rally next year in NC
__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #6
Member
 
Grumpytrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
Congradulations on the Jayco TT.

We have been talking about going to the Jayco International Rally next year in NC
We have thought about that, too, but North Carolina in August might be to hot & humid for the wife. I've been told the place is near the mountains, and doesn't get as warm as the flat lands. Will wait and see.
__________________

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 16,273
Welcome to JOF, Grumpy!
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2018 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2l CCSB
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 369
Ya gotta love the floorplan of this trailer. We really like ours. We have had ours now for coming up on a year. Welcome to the forum!
__________________
2016 Silverado duramax
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
Added fireplace https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=5015
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
Member
 
Grumpytrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfeather View Post
Ya gotta love the floorplan of this trailer. We really like ours. We have had ours now for coming up on a year. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the floorplan is great. I don't understand why Jayco didn't put any outlets in the bedroom by the dresser. So, I did that. The next problem was the overhead lights were not bright enough for the wife. I ordered some LED lights from camping world, and put them in. So far, the unit has been trouble free, except for some trim in the black water tank. The brakes don't impress me, but being a truck driver, I'm kinda picky. We have used this unit more in the 4 months that we have had it, then all of last camping season. And, we are currently in Effingham, IL for a week, then, going to be gone for 3 weeks in September. And you got to love the fireplace!

Regards,
__________________

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the floorplan is great. I don't understand why Jayco didn't put any outlets in the bedroom by the dresser. So, I did that. The next problem was the overhead lights were not bright enough for the wife. I ordered some LED lights from camping world, and put them in. So far, the unit has been trouble free, except for some trim in the black water tank. The brakes don't impress me, but being a truck driver, I'm kinda picky. We have used this unit more in the 4 months that we have had it, then all of last camping season. And, we are currently in Effingham, IL for a week, then, going to be gone for 3 weeks in September. And you got to love the fireplace!

Regards,
Do you like the led lights? Are they brighter? I also added an outlet at the dresser. I also added a switch for the bedroom light.

Ya, I have not been too impressed with the brakes also. I had to do a major panic stop when a car spun out of control right in front of me while towing. I did not hit her, but I upgraded my brake controller before the next time out.

I also really liked the fireplace, but the DW did not like the price and we both really liked the big picture window. I added my own fireplace later. See my links in my signature.
__________________
2016 Silverado duramax
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
Added fireplace https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=5015
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #11
Member
 
Grumpytrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfeather View Post
Do you like the led lights? Are they brighter? I also added an outlet at the dresser. I also added a switch for the bedroom light.

Ya, I have not been too impressed with the brakes also. I had to do a major panic stop when a car spun out of control right in front of me while towing. I did not hit her, but I upgraded my brake controller before the next time out.

I also really liked the fireplace, but the DW did not like the price and we both really liked the big picture window. I added my own fireplace later. See my links in my signature.
The LED lights are a lot brighter. What I like about them best is the fact that you can turn on one set, or both lights, unlike the ones I took out. They were not cheap, however, for something that looks like it is from the factory, I'll pay the extra.

I've got an appointment with Mor-Ryde at the end of the month to see about disc brakes for the trailer. I'll go to the dealer and see about a new brake controller first, and if that don't make me happy, then I'll go to disc brakes. The brakes work fine when you first hook up and leave, but fade out after that.

I wanted to order a trailer, and not take one off the lot. This trailer has two AC units with 50 amp service, and the fireplace. I was thinking more with you, the big window in the back, one AC unit and 30 amp service. However, the dealer we bought this unit from I have dealt with for several years and, made me offer I couldn't refuse. And most important, the wife like it better then the big back window. So....this is what we have. And we are very happy with it.

I don't understand why Jayco put recliners in the fifth wheel units like this floorplan, but on travel trailer, they put two couches. And, Jayco wouldn't send recliners to the dealer to swap out one couch. So, I sold one couch, and bought two rocker recliners. My wife says the trailer will entertain 6, feed 4, and sleep 2.

Safe travels,
__________________

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
I wanted to order a trailer, and not take one off the lot. This trailer has two AC units with 50 amp service, and the fireplace. I was thinking more with you, the big window in the back, one AC unit and 30 amp service. However, the dealer we bought this unit from I have dealt with for several years and, made me offer I couldn't refuse. And most important, the wife like it better then the big back window. So....this is what we have. And we are very happy with it.

Safe travels,
Ours still came with a 50amp service. It must be standard. It is pre wired for the second air in bedroom. That was a big surprise when we picked it up. I was not expecting a 50 amp service.
__________________
2016 Silverado duramax
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
Added fireplace https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=5015
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
Member
 
Grumpytrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfeather View Post
Ours still came with a 50amp service. It must be standard. It is pre wired for the second air in bedroom. That was a big surprise when we picked it up. I was not expecting a 50 amp service.
I did not know that. I just thought that one AC was 30 amp. Thanks for the info.
__________________

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.