Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #1

Smile New Jayco Owner with a couple starter questions

Hi guys,

I'm the new kid on the block. Wife and I just recently purchased a new Flight SLX 287rbs (or whatever the last little acronym is).

I've been checking in here over the past couple of weeks reading here and there about others experiences and questions/posts, etc. A lot of knowledge here amongst you guys.

I have two really noob questions, I guess. The TT has the bluetooth radio in it with the speakers inside (and outside) tied to it. I've bought and installed a new 32" tv in the TT and would like to know if there's a way to get the TV sound to come out of the overhead speakers in the TT. Don't really care about the outside speakers, obviously. Any help there would be appreciated.

Second question - the walls are so thin being a TT. What do you guys use to hang certain things? Thought about hanging something in the bathroom to hold clean towels or heck...even just a picture anywhere...seems that just about everything NOT command strip would poke out on the other side of the wall you're working on.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice!

Matt
MMoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:29 PM   #2

RE: hanging things

Method varies. When I put up an additional mirrored, medicine cabinet, I made sure I screwed in to a stud in the wall. Taking care not to use a length of screw that would go though the wall.

When I put up hooks for hanging hats, if I can't find a stud, I just use short screws, and screw into the paneling.

Hooks for shirts don't need a stud, but heavy jackets should be hung on a hook that's in a stud.

I did my extra towel rack into just the paneling, but if someone decides to hang on it or abuse it....not so good.

I'm going to put up a long row of hooks for our jackets, some of which might be heavy. I'll get a row of hooks mounted on a board, and make sure the board is screwed into two different studs. That'll hold just fine.

Television should be hung on the designated spot, or should be mounted on a plywood board that bridges two wall studs. Large enough to spread the load of the television.

You can usually locate the studs by just pushing on the paneling with your fingers.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #3

You could attach a Bluetooth transmitter to the TV for a wireless connection to your receiver or simply use a male to male 3.5mm audio cord between them (assuming the TV has a headphone jack and the receiver has an AUX input).
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:31 PM   #4

We hung a hook on the inside of the bathroom door. Just make sure you use shorter screws (we didn’t use the ones that came with the hook).
As for the TV I don’t know how to tell you to do it but I will tell you that our TT came with a TV and we can listen to it through the speakers both inside and out so apparently it can be wired in somehow.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:35 PM   #5

Use the larger command hooks. Mine have held up very well with spring jackets and hooded sweatshirts. If they fall off then go to screws, but the command hooks should be fine with these items. Wet towels do well also.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiofinlander View Post
Use the larger command hooks. Mine have held up very well with spring jackets and hooded sweatshirts. If they fall off then go to screws, but the command hooks should be fine with these items. Wet towels do well also.
X2
DW does not want holes in the walls and

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #7

She bought a towel rack that hangs on the door. Only two towel as door is thin and hinges are junk. Had to put in a spacer as the top hooks were to wide and some self stick rubber bumpers to keep from scratching the door during travel. Also have command hooks for miscellaneous uses.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #8

We’ve used Command hooks with good success. Used a larger one for the large canvas print with added Command double-sided strips on three sides. We put a Command brushed nickel basket in the bathroom to hold toiletries. Added another Command hook on the bathroom wall for towels and clothes. We also use an over-the-door rack on the bathroom door. It holds coats, dog leashes, umbrellas and more. And no holes in the wall! We’ll see how they stick through a hot summer.
Attached Thumbnails
56C974AE-B918-430C-8A32-6150615866F7.jpg   61B6B56D-8DF7-48C9-8DE8-7A9DAE76AE71.jpg   11B614A0-92FF-4DDA-8AD0-2A25919FE1FE.jpg  
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:44 PM   #9

Congrats on the new travel trailer and welcome to the forum. Hope you get the answers to your questions.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #10

As others have said, command hooks work well
Congrats and welcome to the Zoo from MO
Meadowlark paint
Iraq 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #11

Command strips are your friend. They also make many accessories such as paper towel holders and small bathroom shelves. Check them out. Also if you don’t like you can remove and re use the hook with the sticky pad replace the back.