Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #1

Thumbs up New JayFeather Owner X23B

Hi, we are new to this forum and are looking forward to learning about our new Jayco travel trailer in particular cool mods we may be able to make and any problems that others have run into.

We tow with 2007 Ford F-150 XLT. We bought a 2014 Jayco X23B with friction sway and load levelers. Love it so far!

Thank you!

Marianne
marishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #2

Welcome to the JOF Marianne! You will find some great mods that are universal as well as model specific. COngrats on the new tt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #3

New camper leaks

So far we have camped twice. Our first trip everything went well. Our second trip not so much. We had a leak in the kitchen faucet, fortunately it leaked only into the top of the sink and not under the cabinet. Second we had a blown fuse in the 12V system. Not sure what caused it but was an easy fix and lastly our front tent end leaked like a sieve. All these things were fixed under warranty by our local dealer. They were great about it and it was not at all a hassle.

-M

2007 Ford F-150
2014 X23B
Old 09-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #4

Glad you have a good dealer behind you.

Enjoy some more camping this season if you can....:wink:
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #5

Hi Marishar, glad to hear that you have a good dealer that is taking care of you after the sale! These minor annoyances are going to happen and it's the service after the sale that is so important.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #6

Congratulations on the new HTT. We really enjoy our 23B. Depending on your family needs I would strongly recommend add shelves in one of the wardrobe and removing the false panel from under the Sofa as a place to store shoes. Then removing the drawer from under the dinette. Lots of other great mods that can be done. Checkout my signature line for some of the mods that I have done.

As for the blown fuse, what circuit was it for. My guess it for the bunk end lights. If so, I had that problem. I had to remove the outlet, bend back the wire connects and then if I recall, I placed a little electrical tape on them. What was happening on mine was as you removed the plug, it would wobble and touch both the hot and ground side at the same time. Easy fix if that is the case.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #7

Actually Jagiven the fuse ended being for the jack. They rewired it to have a separate fuse and it has been fine since.

I had to rebuild the dinette seating area though. They must have run out of plywood that day. They tacked a thin 3" strip of plywood to the back across all 3 sections and then staples luan to the underside of it to hold the plywood you sit on. Wicked poor construction. I went to the dealer and checked out a different one to see what it was supposed to look like. they offered to correct the problem, but I chose to do it myself. I also plan to take out the drawer and gain that space.