Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #11

SWEET, we do have a dump station not to far away from our house. It's a Washington State rest stop off of I-5. I did read in the owners manual (which really is not too helpful) about the bypass values.

Thanks for the response Heady!!!

chewey46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:48 PM   #12

I also have a Jayco 184BH Baja Edition. As for the propane hook up for your grill there is a propane manifold block underneath your campers door area that you could get a hose to attach. Mine has a couple of plugs that you could remove and install a hose with a quick coupler to hook up your grill. I also put a twin 30 pound bottle set up on my unit. This is well worth it especially when you want to do early spring and late fall camping.
I would also get a solar panel for your TT it is great to have and get a pair of 6 volt deep cycle batteries. I had these installed and makes a world of difference. I also upgraded my lights on the interior to LED. I put an LED light on the amber outdoor light and what a difference it made for the distance of the light.
I find towing this trailer is not as bad as I thought it would be. I use the weight distributing hitch mainly due to it is a single axle unit and it keeps it from swaying too much. The hot water tank in the Baja edition is the same size as the normal version of this trailer.

Junkers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:02 AM   #13

Hi Chewey!
Congrats on the trailer. I pull our 184BH with a 2010 4Runner up in Vancouver (the bigger one.) I've put some pics up of some of my mods. I'd highly recommend starting by swapping to LEDs and upgrading the supports for the kitchenette bed.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...4bh-20619.html

Nights Camped in 2015 - 24
Nights Camped in 2016 - 9
Socco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:23 PM   #14

I did find the manifold block. The plug that is in the pic, I replaced with a quick disconnect. I plug my Q1200 into it and it's AWESOME. I had to do some mods to my Q, like take the regulator that was on it off. Since my trailer had a regulator I wanted to to run smoothly. It does!!
Attached Thumbnails
LP1.jpg   LP2.jpg  
Old 03-23-2016, 10:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkers12 View Post
I also have a Jayco 184BH Baja Edition. As for the propane hook up for your grill there is a propane manifold block underneath your campers door area that you could get a hose to attach. Mine has a couple of plugs that you could remove and install a hose with a quick coupler to hook up your grill. I also put a twin 30 pound bottle set up on my unit. This is well worth it especially when you want to do early spring and late fall camping.
I would also get a solar panel for your TT it is great to have and get a pair of 6 volt deep cycle batteries. I had these installed and makes a world of difference. I also upgraded my lights on the interior to LED. I put an LED light on the amber outdoor light and what a difference it made for the distance of the light.
I find towing this trailer is not as bad as I thought it would be. I use the weight distributing hitch mainly due to it is a single axle unit and it keeps it from swaying too much. The hot water tank in the Baja edition is the same size as the normal version of this trailer.
With the mods you did, the the 2 6V Deep Cells and the extra LP tank, how much weight is on your tongue now?

My FJ only has a 500LB tongue weight and my trailer with one tank and 1 12V battery is about at 400LB
Old 03-24-2016, 03:55 PM   #16

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote