Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #1

New member EXP-213

Hi I'm a new member, been a "lurker" for awhile. Purchased a new EXP 213 in June of 2010. Have found lots of useful info here apreciate all the "how to" posts Only issue we had with the trailer up until last week was the support ledge for the lower bunk failing the first time we used it. Braced those up myself. Checked my AC bolts this spring, two were backed right out, one was loose and one still tight. Took the trailer out for the first trip this spring, and our rear slide started balking at fully extending out for last five or six inches. Got it into the dealer with two weeks left on the warranty with a request for a new slide motor. Hope to have it back within the next couple of days. Have a great summer everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
(102).JPG  
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, Greenman. Here are a few links about the X213 and also possible slide issues with that unit.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...=slide+problem

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...highlight=x213

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...highlight=x213
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #3

Welcome! You've got the EXACT same unit as me...also a 2010 model. We just had the new slidout motor installed this past April and now the slideout works perfectly! Its actually quicker than before and the clutch engages at the right time! We are very pleased with our unit. Hope yours gets fixed up right!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #4

213 Slide

Thanks for all the info. Dealer called me back this morning, they have ordered the new motor for the slide, no issue at all with replacement. We have really enjoyed our unit since we bought it and have had it all over B.C. and Alberta. Read some of the threads last night. LOL, I have been looking for a tilt bracket for the TV for a while, I found that I only see the picture well if I'm up on the bed, strange thing is my wife does not have the same problem. One other experience we had with our unit comes to mind. I was loading some gear one day through the bunk door and a gust of wind slammed the door against the body of the trailer where the knob for the sewer hose door is located. The knob punched a hole right through the door panel. I ended up patching the hole and glued a couple of soft felt rings fashioned from furniture leg pads around the sewer door knob to prevent a reoccurrence. We call our 213 the "Rain Goddess" as it seems to pour rain on us wherever we seem to go.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #5

Thanks for the heads-up about the bunk door. I haven't had it get away from me, but I also haven't paid much attention to the damage that could happen if it did.