Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #1

New member from Missouri

Soon to be owners of a WhiteHawk 27 DSRL. We have placed or order with Indiana RV Connection. We are looking forward to making the trek to Middlebury in a few weeks.
GBandPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #2

Welcome from Northwest Indiana. We bought our x213 from Indiana RV Conncection last year. They treated us well. The Middlebury area is a nice place to visit. Take in the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart if you have the time. It's right off the Indiana Toll road.
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #3

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBandPB View Post
Soon to be owners of a WhiteHawk 27 DSRL. We have placed or order with Indiana RV Connection. We are looking forward to making the trek to Middlebury in a few weeks.
Glad to have you in this family. We got our 27 DSRL in July. I'ts a very good floorplan and a very good TT.
F150FX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #4

Welcome! Glad you found us!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome and enjoy the new Whitehawk! Feel free to vote in our polls and post often!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #6

Depending on how much time you have, and if you like to sight see, South Bend has a Studebaker Museum. Also in Elkhart, if you like trains, there is a small train museum downtown. And Amish Acres is in the area, too.

We live in Central Illinois. Wave as you go past!!!!! Depending on where you live in Missouri, there is a way to Elkhart without getting into the Chicago traffic, or, the toll road. Enjoy your new trailer.

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #7

Welcome aboard. We enjoy our 27DSRL and the experience at Indiana RV Connection was excellent. The Middlebury and surrounding area is very pleasant. Try and dine at the Das Dutchman Essenhaus restaurant just down the street from the Jayco factory. Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to take the factory tour. It's extremely interesting to see how the products are made.
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #8

Thanks guys. We can't wait to pick up our TT. A question for you guys pulling this same trailer with a half ton, do you use a weight distributing hitch?
4x4 6.0l v8
Old 10-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBandPB View Post
...you guys pulling this same trailer with a half ton, do you use a weight distributing hitch...
I use the Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System w/ 4-Point Sway Control - 10,000 lb GTW, 1,000 lb TW (setup shown below). The hitch performs as advertised. Unit tows very well. I've encountered 30 mph cross winds and the ride remains stable.

IMG_0034b by mrnoyb, on Flickr
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #10

I tow a similar trailer and use a Husky Centerline WDH. We also bought ours through Indiana RV Connection, which is actually Richardsons RV based in California. (We didn't know this until we actually got up there) We liked the whole process, it was pretty painless and everyone was friendly. The people at the outpost that did our PDI for Richardons actually towed our trailer to "Dans Hitches" and they helped us select the right WDH for us. I had picked out a cheaper product but got cold feet and thought it wasn't heavy duty enough. No question about it, you WILL need a WDH for a trailer that size. We encounter a lot of semi truck traffic and have never had any sway because of that and cross winds don't even seem to bother us but a good headwind will slow me down a bit. Here is a picture of the husky......safe travels.[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #11

Hi all, 3 weeks ago we bought my parents 2011 JayFeather Ultralite 18' hybrid. We're so danged new, we couldn't even turn on our water heater last weekend. (Dad didn't give us very good instructions.) It was okay - we were at a fairgrounds with *super* showers, so it wasn't a big deal. (Springfield, ILL fairgrounds if anybody needs/wants to know.) We'll mostly use it for dog shows, but the occasional camping trip isn't out of the picture either.

I've been reading the manual. BIG PROBLEM - there are absolutely NO diagrams, nor locations in it. It just says, for example in the electrical system, "look in the fuse box." Well, that's just fine and dandy if you know where it is! Heck, even a PHOTO of what to LOOK for would have been helpful. We'll be taking it to the dealer my parents bought it from for winterization, and when we do, we're going to have them go over it with us. Fortunately we were able to figure out how to plug it in, etc, so we had enough of the basics to live quite comfortably for 3 days. But NEXT year, we'll be ready! I look forward to learning tips and tricks from those with more experience. Going from a basic popup to this is quite the shock. LOL

Betsy

Betsy & Kevin Cummings
Tribute Salukis.
TributeSalukis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #12

We also had our TT towed from Middlebury to Dan's Hitches and they installed the WDH and showed us how to it work. It was a very pleasant experience.
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #13

We leave in the morning to go pick up our new trailer. We are getting pretty stoked.
4x4 6.0l v8