Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Coast, B.C.
Posts: 177
I'm glad it all went well for you on your drive home. You can find add on mirrors on Amazon.com for a decent price but I'm sure there are a few places that would carry add on mirrors around town. Local car dealer or Lordco etc.

Have fun with the new toy. Please post some pics when you can.

Cheers
__________________

Crewmaniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewmaniacs View Post
I'm glad it all went well for you on your drive home. You can find add on mirrors on Amazon.com for a decent price but I'm sure there are a few places that would carry add on mirrors around town. Local car dealer or Lordco etc.

Have fun with the new toy. Please post some pics when you can.

Cheers
Thanks for the info!. I just have to figure out how to post pics on here
__________________

__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fraser Valley British Columbia
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
It caught me off guard when you came up and asked if I was Westerncanuck...It was a pleasure to meet you too. This trailer towed like a dream even with the wind. The WDH really made a difference in keeping it level over the bumps. The only thing that I need to do is get mirror extensions for backing up because I could barely see the sides since the trailer is 8' wide. Sure got a lot of looks from other drivers though driving home. When I got it home to my driveway, it looked huge....but it looked even better in the driveway than at the dealer. Only thing I was dissapointed in was that the battery they put in was a group 24 and not the group 27 that I had on my tent trailer. I am going to give them a call tomorrow about that. I also need to find out if there is a disconnect for the battery. The stereo and the propane and co monitor dran the battery inless I plug in.
I was there around 10:45. If you want mirror extensions look at Camping World in Burlington Washington. The CIPA ones for my truck were $25 bucks each. Go camp at decption pass down there it is agreat State park and is close to home Exit 230 off the I5. Do the 2-6volts for your battery it is worth it. They will last way longer.

http://www.campingworld.com/order/wi...&cord_group=11
__________________
2010 Jayco Eagle Superlite 256 RKS
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek700 View Post
I was there around 10:45. If you want mirror extensions look at Camping World in Burlington Washington. The CIPA ones for my truck were $25 bucks each. Go camp at decption pass down there it is agreat State park and is close to home Exit 230 off the I5. Do the 2-6volts for your battery it is worth it. They will last way longer.

http://www.campingworld.com/order/wi...&cord_group=11
Thanks for the info....do you ge much vibrations with the CIPA mirrors?
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fraser Valley British Columbia
Posts: 768
No vibration, but i wish they were a convex lens instead of a flat mirror. the slipover acts as a windscreen for the mirrors. For the money they work. It takes about 2 minutes each to put them on and they look somewhat natural.
__________________
2010 Jayco Eagle Superlite 256 RKS
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
JAMMFAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 147
I just pulled the fuses out of the wires running into my battery. Its been sitting since October that like and yesterday I put the fuses back in and worked the slide in and out. When I checked the battery level it said it was 3/4 so I guess just taking those fuses out worked. We'll see in about 3 more weeks when it is de-winterized for the season.
__________________
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3/ 3.73 Tekonsha Primus brake controller
2011 JayFeather Select 29L
Husky Centerline WDH
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMFAM View Post
I just pulled the fuses out of the wires running into my battery. Its been sitting since October that like and yesterday I put the fuses back in and worked the slide in and out. When I checked the battery level it said it was 3/4 so I guess just taking those fuses out worked. We'll see in about 3 more weeks when it is de-winterized for the season.
Cool, I was thinking of pulling the fuses too....the co detector and stereo seem to put a constant drain on the battery. Everything ran great on my generator and I did not even try the AC. Boy did it seem a lot larger than I remembered when we bought it:
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Coast, B.C.
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
Cool, I was thinking of pulling the fuses too....the co detector and stereo seem to put a constant drain on the battery. Everything ran great on my generator and I did not even try the AC. Boy did it seem a lot larger than I remembered when we bought it:
you're not thinking of something bigger are you?

Did you sleep in the new TT in your driveway yet?

I just ordered some cipa mirrors. I hope they will do the trick.

Pictures????
Crewmaniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewmaniacs View Post
you're not thinking of something bigger are you?

Did you sleep in the new TT in your driveway yet?

I just ordered some cipa mirrors. I hope they will do the trick.

Pictures????
LOl.....nope....but when I opened her up and slid out the bed...it looked huge after being in a pup. We had to stow all the gear that I took oout of the pup....and man was there a lot....lol. We were tempted to sleep in it in the driveway.....but it is just a tad too cold yet and the weather hasn't cooperated with all the rain.....but I do love the sound of rain pitter pattering on the roof....kinda soothing. I ordered some clip on mirrors that clip on my existing mirrors from Etrailer.com and I have a tenant in one of my commercial buildings that I manage that gave me a great price for a cover so that will go on once I remove the aerial for the radio, wash and dry the trailer so that I can install the cover. I have to figure out how to post pics here on this site.
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Ladywendolyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Manitoba Canada
Posts: 553
Yes.. Watch out for loose shopping carts if your camping at Walmart ))
__________________

__________________


Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.