Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #1

New member hoping to buy 2006 Jayco Escapade 28

Good evening, all!

I'm going to look at a private sale 2006 28 Escapade early tomorrow morning and hoping that it will soon be mine!

A little bit about me ... 68 year old divorced woman, long time camper. Tent camping for years, then post divorce, I bought a new 2000 Jayco Heritage Laurel popup. Loved it!!! Had it 5 years, foolishly sold it when my job didn't allow much free time to camp. Then bought a used 2005 1206 popup ... also loved it! Both campers had dinette slides, baths, etc and were maintenance free. Sold each of them after 5 years to young couples who still use them every summer.

Sorry for long boring story, just want you all to know that while I've never owned a Class C, I'm not a total newbie re camper issues, propane, etc.

I plan to retire in March, and plan to spend May through October in my Forest River Quailridge park model 'home' at a seasonal RV park in Wells. Maine.

I hope to buy a Class C so that I might travel the USA and Canada, hiking, biking and kayaking thru the national and provincial parks for a few years, then spend the winter months in Florida.

I've found a 2006 Escapade on Craigslist, originally posted at $25,000 now reduced to $22,000. (Retail is 25,670-21,980 ... and I'm hoping to get it for $20k). Has Onan generator, bike rack, ladder, rear queen bedroom, microwave, and only 28k miles. Photos and writeup describe it as clean and in excellent condition. 2nd owner, selling because they bought a place in Florida.

I called my dealer in MA and they gave me great advice on what to look for when I inspect it tomorrow am - roof, bubbling, plywood delamination, water signs, etc.

I am asking if anyone out there owns or has owned this model and if there's any advice you can share with me.

I loved my Jayco popups and hope to soon own my first Jayco Class C!! I have camped alone and with friends, and am aware that there are numerous forums and groups for solo women RVers ... and I can't wait to join them!!
Dmskayaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:03 AM   #2

Welcome to JOF! Sorry, I can't help with your specific questions though. Being from Nashua, I assume Forrest RV is the dealer you're referring to - if so, IMO they are fantastic to work with.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #3

Welcome aboard and good luck
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, escapade, woman solo rver