Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #1

New member with a problem

Thanks for allowing me to join. We purchased a used 2013 White Hawk 27DSRB about a year ago and we love it. When we started packing up last week to return home, neither the front or rear power jacks would retract. It appears to be a power problem. The owners manual says the power jacks and the large slide room are on the same auto reset fuse. The slide room operates ok. I contacted the power jack manufacturer and received instructions for manually retracting the jacks. We made it home safely but now need to fix the jack problem. I am trying to find wiring diagrams for the unit but couldn't find anything on the Jayco website. Any ideas what the problem might be AND where can I get a full set of wiring diagrams for my unit? Thanks in advance for your help.
Jerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #2

I believe you can contact JAYCO via email and provide them with the trailer VIN NUMBER and request Electrical diagrams of your specific trailer...

JAYCO will send you back via EMAIL what you are asking for in PDF FORMAT...

I know this was being done by JAYCO just a couple of years back. Maybe someone on here with more recent requests can help...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

As Roy mentioned, contact Jayco (service@jayco.com) with your VIN. They have never refused my requests for wiring and plumbing diagrams. I have heard one member say that Jayco would not send them the diagrams because their Jayco was under warranty, but that never happened to me.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #4

I received the 12 VDC schematic from Jayco but it does not show the front and rear power stabilizers. Requested more info but in the meantime, does anyone have any experience with power jack problems?
Old 11-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #5

Those jacks were probably after market, that's why they are not showing in the wiring diagram. As far as the problem, sorry, can't help you there. But I'd call the manufacture and go from there.
glamisbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:43 AM   #6
Site Team

My guess is that they are aftermarket additions. Trouble shooting should identify if they are getting power or not and may lead you to a solution.

Welcome to JOF. Hope this can be easily repaired and you can enjoy the rig. I have had many campers and only the last one has electric stabilizers.

It seems like way back we had less problems because some systems on our camper were simpler or didn't exist.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:43 AM   #7

The power jacks are factory installed. The fuse is labeled on the wiring diagram as "Slide room/power jacks". All of the other fuses have a line showing where they go but not the one for the slide room/power jacks. And I solved the problem. I traded this unit in on a 2016 White Hawk 27DSRL. Essentially the same unit with a rear living room. We traded, not because of the jack problem but the rear living room gives us more space. I told the Jayco dealer where we traded about the problem and he said they would fix it. Problem solved. Thanks for your inputs.