Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #1

New memebers from upstate NY

Good Morning! Just wanted to introduce ourselves to everyone. We are new members this week. We have owned a 2009 Jayco 1207 pop up for 3 years and last week traded it for a 2013 Jayco Jay flight swift 267BHS.
We live in upstate NY near Cooperstown (baseball hall of fame). We live in a small town, population under 700. No cell phone coverage here, no street lights and our traffic jams are the local cows crossing the road to get to the pasture twice a day.
My husband is in law enforcement and I work in a busy Emergency room as a ER tech. We have 3 children. Oldest has graduated and out on her own, 2 boys at home, 13 and 14. One dog that we rescued 4 years ago named Sasha.
We LOVE to camp. Our favorite campground is the Jellystone in Garrettsville, 15 minutes from home.
We ask that if anyone has any comments on the model trailer we purchased..please feel free. We have not recieved it yet so any advice, tips, tricks, mods would be welcomed..we love to hear of peoples experiences and learn from them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2121.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	5309 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	5310
Leigh and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to JOF! Great pics.............
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #3

Welcome to JOF from Rochester, NY. Look around lots of knowledgeable folks here that love to share info on their Jayco's enjoy your 2013, we have a 2013 228 which we were told was one of the first off the line of 2013 Ultralites, my wife and kids have been out a bunch with it and it has not disappointed, we love our trailer, our first. Wife has one more trip planned and then we have to put her to bed for the season. Hope you get some good use out of yours before the snow flies...
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsuduke View Post
Welcome to JOF from Rochester, NY. Look around lots of knowledgeable folks here that love to share info on their Jayco's enjoy your 2013, we have a 2013 228 which we were told was one of the first off the line of 2013 Ultralites, my wife and kids have been out a bunch with it and it has not disappointed, we love our trailer, our first. Wife has one more trip planned and then we have to put her to bed for the season. Hope you get some good use out of yours before the snow flies...
We are headed out Columbus day weekend for 4 days with the pop up before trading her in. The new camper wont be here till middle of October and you can bet your bippy we will be backyarding it for a few nights. We really don't want to use the water and bathroom, that way we dont have to winterize it this year and we can start fresh next season.
Leigh and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #5

That will also be our trailers last hurrah before putting her to bed for a long hard Rochester winter. Sounds like you have it all planned out, good luck with the last trip in the pop up and good luck with the backyarding, we would do more of that if we could park our trailer at the house, but space is limited at home, so we keep ours at my father in law's. We told him we needed a place to park if we bought one, he offered and we took his premade parking spot for his Jayco Eagle 5th wheel. I posted pics on the Jay feather 228 group page and a few people have commented they are very jealous of the setup. We will see how and if we can fit both in the same area, should be interesting.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #6

Welcome from Bridgeport on Oneida Lake! I'd really like to do some camping near Cooperstown - I love Route 20 in the fall! My husband was just in Oneonta yesterday for work - I asked him to bring me some apples from Fly Creek on his way, but no dice.

We are also going out for one last hurrah next weekend, checking out the West Canada Creek Campground in Poland NY - I hear it's nice. We just upgraded from a popup earlier this month ourselves. We're still giddy every time we set up & take down - so much faster than the pop up! Have fun with the new camper!

Karen

Karen, Scott, our daughers (6 and 9), and Finley (Finn) the wonder lab.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X23B
2001 Viking 2485ST pop up
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #7

Congrats on your new TT! I know you're going to love it.

We moved up from a pop-up to the X23B hybrid, I guess I can't leave that pop-up feel all at once!

While I live in southern Indiana, I am from Geneva, N.Y. and we were there over the Labor Day week-end. And while we were there, we also went to Cooperstown, beautiful little town and very picturesque! Who knows, I probably drove by your house!!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #8

Welcome! I love the "cow traffic jam" description lol.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #9

Welcome!

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 AM   #10

Welcome to the JOF, and congrats on the new upgrade. We live just outside a small town as well (two traffic lights, though), and are surrounded by horses, cattle, and corn fields. Beautiful scenery where you live ! Thanks for the pics.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #11

Hello from one upstater to another. We are new to the forum and just purchased a 2010 26BH Jayco. We are packing up to travel to Ark and AZ next week. We are from Middle Grove NY in the town of providence with a pop. under 1k. We are new retirees and both of our kids have grown up camping and the we still have the bug. Keep in touch
ewald628 is offline   Reply With Quote