Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #1

New Montana Member

I'm getting a lot of very useful info from this forum. Thanks for that because in addition to being new to the forum, I'm brand new to RV'ing, and everything associated with it. My wife and I picked up our 198RD last week and quickly realized what I suspected when we were doing the research, that our Ridgeline could pull that TT, but we would be pushing it going up Montana's mountains. So a new TV will be coming soon. It would be nice if that new TV would make backing into my driveway a little easier, but I suspect that's more the operator than the vehicle. Since summer was a little reluctant to show up here this year, the warmer weather has just arrived this week, delaying our maiden voyage. We will be heading out to a local campground near here next week just to get familiar with things, even though there are no hookups there. We've added a Honda 2000 generator to our inventory, which should help us with everything but the AC, which I don't think we'll need just yet. Which reminds me, do you ever stop buying stuff for your TT? I think I know the answer to that, but the ink's wearing off my credit card lately. Oh well, 99 days to retirement...

Harry
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2601a.jpg  
ibdiver002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #2

Welcome and congrats on the new TT and only 99 days left to retirement. We ended up upgrading our tow vehicle after a year. It made a world of difference. Enjoy your new adventure.

Sorry to inform you. You will never stop spending on the TT, Lol.

Mary Anne
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #3

Welcome to Jayco Owners Forum, Harry. I am sure you will totally enjoy that 198RD after you retire. I retired and bought one but had to go back to work to pay for all the extras I am still buying for it, so you will always find something you want for it. By the way, the credit card companies will send you a replacement card for free. Happy camping.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #4

Hi Harry, Totally agree with all the comments above. I decided to no longer carry my credit card, maybe that will stop all the purchases for our new trailer? Just a thought. Good luck, hope you enjoy the new TT!
J&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #5

Welcome form your northern neighbour. After the Calgary Stampede is over and my sister and brother-in-law head back to New Zealand I hope to take a trip around Kalispell or Flat Head Lake sometime in late July of early August. I have not been to that area in about 30 years but do get to Great Falls more often.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #6

Something to think about in TVs. The shorter the TV the easier it is to back around objects and maneuver backwards. The downside. The shorter the TV the worse it pulls down the highway. You have to select something in the middle. Bottom line. Backing a TT using a crew cab PU with a long bed around tight corners can be more difficult than a shorter TV.

I can back my TT into any tight spot with my farm tractor. I use my tractor to move it around and in and out of the shop.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, Harry!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote