Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Welcome To Jayco Owners Forums > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #1

New Northpoint 5th wheel, but have some concerns..

Hey Everyone, thanks for having me in your Jayco Owners forum. My wife and I have owned 3 Jaycos in the past and have always been big fans. We upgraded to a Northpoint 377RLBH last fall but decided to have it built off season. There was no sense in having 6 months of our warranty be idle during the winter. You can imagine how excited we were to take delivery of it this spring. Our maiden camping trip was somewhat disastrous though. I had the front landing gear fully extended which made the auto-leveling system lift the wheels off the ground! We thought we popped a fuse because the main slide-out wouldn’t budge. I hardly slept that night stewing over a stuck slideout. Behold, the next morning it magically worked! We took it to the dealer and they couldn’t find the problem. Back home we have it parked on a level pad, but the auto-leveling system was not calibrated properly so it was 3-4 degrees low in the front. I finally figured out today how to “zero” it back out, so that’s fine now, but here’s my question for anyone who may have knowledge. I went to pull the slide-outs in today after showing our neighbors. And the main slide-out (once again) failed to close. It stopped half-way. It would only move about an inch then stop when I pressed the retract button. This is the same slideout that failed during our trip. After looking underneath (not that I knew what I was looking at) I tried it again and it worked. I’m baffled by the intermittent issue. So my question is this. Could the slide-out issue be due to the unit not being 100% level? I haven’t tried it now that I have the level system working. Sorry so wordy, but I’m super concerned. Thanks in advance for any comments.
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:37 PM   #2

Don't have your model, but the Jayco site photos show 3 Schwintec slides. These have aluminum tracks top and bottom visible on the slide sides.

The important lesson is do not stop part way when extending or retracting the slide. And hold the button for 3 to 5 seconds when all in or out.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #3

I have 315RLTS model which is basically the same as yours without the added room. The kitchen side especially is extremely heavy when the refrigerator and the pantry are loaded to the max. If your unit isn’t level and particularly low on the kitchen slide side the motors have to pull the slide up and in which would probably add more friction to the system. When it gets to the midpoint it is balanced and then it goes in pretty easily. Also I noticed if rubber seals are not properly lubed they add a lot of friction to the system. if you hear a squeegee effect that could be part of the problem also. I lube my rubber seals with baby powder seems to work pretty good. That’s all I got

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:35 AM   #4

Welcome from Alabama.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:55 AM   #5

Welcome..

We to have had our rear wheels lift off the ground when leveling. I believe this causes a positive camber to the frame that then causes issues with slides. Our root cause is lowering the feet on the landing gear. This make the front to high after disconnecting from the truck and makes the rear over compensates and then lift the rear tires off the ground.

We had the washer and dryer installed and a tripod to limit movement during operations. The tripod height was the main cause in leveling and the wheels off the ground issue. Corrected the height of the tripod and now all is good. I never lower the feet now just extend the front landing gear, disconnect, and auto level. But then mine is a 381 DLQS.

Side note: I have had to remove the LCI pad from the wall, unplug and reconnect to get the fault to clear and move the slides. Strange way to reboot the system but it seams to work.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:32 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies guys. The slide that has been an issue is the dinette slide which isn’t a Schwintek, but that was a good video on how to “zero” it out if it does get out of sync. Since my unit does have two Schwintek slides. I’m glad I was able to “zero” out my auto leveling system, but I’m still worried that my slide issue is unrelated to the leveling problem that I had. If I take it to the dealer I might not see it for weeks! Ugghhh! I am hoping someone else has seen this problem and wondering what they had to do. Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2019, 07:57 AM   #7

Actually I’m also having a problem with my dinette slide. When I bring it all away in the the one control touch panel says fult detected and the toggle switch will not let it go out I have to use the one control panel to do it. nobody seems to be able to know how to fix it.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #8

Hey John, one of the replies above was from DonaandDon, and he said he had to unplug his LCI tablet to clear the “Fault”. I wonder if that will help. I’m going to give it a try. I just don’t know how to remove it. It probably just lifts up. I haven’t noticed any screws.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #9

I have already disconnected the battery ( and 120 volt cord) which is probably the same thing. Still no difference.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #10
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide not working