Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #1

New (or soon to be new) Jayco SLX 7 154BH Owner

Put a deposit on a new 2019 Jayco SLX 7 154BH Baja Edition and plan to do walkthrough and pickup this weekend! Its our first TT, though we have been looking for a while at options. We looked at all sorts of options and different price points, knowing that we wanted something light to tow with our SUV TV (VW Altas) and ideally wanted to find something small enough we could fit in our driveway, which unfortunately means something 7 feet wide vs 8 feet so we have enough room to get by etc, and didn't want to go longer than 20 feet. We will see how well storing in our driveway goes, may have in storage first month while we sell an old car.

My wife, 4 yo daughter and I are all very excited. We love tent camping but TT seemed like such a nice option with the little one, and hope having it loaded and ready to go will make us get out and do it more!

We were exited about the Baja package as we hope to boondocks so extra propane, higher ground clearance, and larger water tank all were attractive.

Appreciate any advice as this is our first TT! Not entirely new to towing as I used to tow boats, but this is larger then I typically towed around. Can't wait to go out and explore!
MS1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #3

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #4

Welcome from Alabama
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #5

Congratulations and welcome!

Our daughter practically grew up in a tent, then a pop-up camper. In fact she was an adult when we bought our first hybrid trailer.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #6

Welcome and enjoy your 2019 Jayco SLX 7 154BH.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Congratulations and welcome!

Our daughter practically grew up in a tent, then a pop-up camper. In fact she was an adult when we bought our first hybrid trailer.
Haha, yea. I didn't really expect to buy a TT till recently...I thought I would keep camping in tent then maybe do a teardrop or popup...somehow we kept looking at more

My daughter was so excited and had a lot of fun looking at them at the RV dealerships. she thinks its so cool that it has bunkbeds and a bathtub. I am not sure if she realizes there is no TV in this one like some of the larger or more expensive ones we looked at.

I am looking forward to picking out gear and tinkering to get it all set up the way I like!
MS1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #8

Welcome from Ohio! If you're already used to towing a boat then you have a grasp on turning radius and backing up. You will notice the wind against the larger trailer, so ease into it and you should get used to it rather quickly. Get out and have fun!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote