Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #1

New Owner in Alabama-Jay Flight 33BHTS

Not new to camping, but I am new to this site. We bought our 2013 Jayco 33bhts in December and have steadily been enjoying it. We have owned a Jayco popup a few years back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2251.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	7636
dragr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #2

Welcome to Jayco Owners Forum. Glad you have joined us.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #4

Welcome. We need all of the Alabama members we can get.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
Welcome. We need all of the Alabama members we can get.
I see you're from Maplesville, I graduated from high school in Plantersville right down the road
1985 Toyota 4Runner stock and clean
1985 Toyota Rockcrawler
dragr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #6

This is my home base. I full time and will be leaving here on 5-15 for 4 months as a host in Florida. This will be my 3rd year at the same state park.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #7

Welcome!! I am interested to know your thoughts (anyone's thoughts who owns a 33BHTS, for that matter) on a few things. We currently have the 2011 Jay Feather 29L, which we love, however, we're considering a larger TT for our family of 5, which has more space (deep slides) and more water capacity (very impressive capacities on the the 33BHTS). This model stands out. My questions are...

(1) The corner shower unit in the 33BHTS looks larger than what we have (the small tub shower). A larger shower is a MUST in our new unit. Does it feel pretty spacious in the shower and bathroom area?
(2) Given the significant length of the 33BHTS, do you find it extra limited for camping space options (I am figuring it's about 4' longer than ours)?
(3) We would have to upgrade our TV from our F150 to the F250, probably just sticking to the 6.2L gas. What is your experience on handling?
(4) I am interested in knowing what I can expect to pay for one. The best price I've seen is around $26K, and based on the website where I see it, they might knock a little more off.
(5) Is there anything else from your experience of owning this model that I should know as we continue to consider one?
(6) With the kitchen slide located on the front side of this TT, the 2 questions I have are (1) Does the awning hit the slide when you angle the awning down to it's lowest position? (2) Do you feel that the slide breaks up the outside living space?

Thanks in advance
Dave
Honda EU2000i Generator
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
Site Team

^^^Might get a response through a PM as some members do not frequent the forum.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #9

We are the proud owners of a 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33BHTS two weeks ago and are loving it! We are not new to the camping/rving world but new to the Jayco line. The detail and design do not compare to our old trailer.

We are crazy enough to venture out for a weekend or 2 through the winter months just for the get-away (we are in a trailer park since 2009) but his winter will be awesome with so much more room, an actual kitchen, bathroom and a real bedroom (other trailer was a fold out bunk end with curtain = '0' privacy...lol). Can't wait for next summer in our BHTS......I am already planning/designing the deck that will enhance our experience.

Looking forward to hearing how others like their Jay Flight 33BHTS........

Lisa...
lmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #10

Hi Dave,
We have owned our 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33BHTS for 2 weeks now and are loving it! we upgraded from a 25 Rockwood Roo (with hold out bunk end that ran it's coarse).
to answer your #'d questions as best as I can being a new BHTS owner...
1) shower is huge compared to our old broom closet....lol It has a nice high shower ceiling (we purchased a metal tub shower caddy that hangs on the side to gain extra shampoo/soap etc. selves).
We bought a portable porta potty for off season and fits comfortably in bathroom. There is ample enough storage in the above and below cupboard also......so yes there is enough room for comfort!
2) So far the extra 8 ft for us is amazing........
3) We have a F150 ego boost - but we are in a trailer park and the park owners pulled it in with a tracktor. But my husband said our F150 would pull it no problem which is one of the reasons
(besides the eco boost) we purchased this truck to pull a newer trailer.
4) Our was in Canadian....$35,000.00 +/-
5) From searching many trailers I like the fact that this one in particular has foot room at the end of the queen bed...some model do not - the bed butts up against the wall making the bedroom tiny.
- With that said...one thing we need to modify is the end of the queen bed...it is not as stable as we would like, you can't sit on the end of the bed without it tipping. hopefully an easy fix.
6) We slid out our awning last weekend and it clears it perfectly..looked like a possible 2" clearance.
Also, with this particular model instead of an outside (orange light) it has a LED rope light along the awning.....not to bright yet does a good job, and there is also a light under the steps!!
At first hubby said he didn't want a slide on that side of the trailer, but after experiencing it and the inside kitchen size AND outside kitchen it's not a concern now.
I plan on designing a (low) deck to accommodate the outside kitchen and possibly create a storage under the kitchen slide (use every space...lol).

We wouldn't trade this trailer for anything and look forward to making many great memories.....
Lisa...
lmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote