Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-16-2016, 10:07 AM   #11

Thanks Rider99 My Precept has 3 low point drains similar to your picture in the water compartment. These low point drains drain the lines. The other low point drain drains a line from the shower side and the fresh water tank. Live and learn. The manuals do not keep up with the actual design.

Peter

PeterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #12

Manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Thanks Rider99 My Precept has 3 low point drains similar to your picture in the water compartment. These low point drains drain the lines. The other low point drain drains a line from the shower side and the fresh water tank. Live and learn. The manuals do not keep up with the actual design.

Peter
That's the truth. The manuals are a sad excuse for direction. I have only drained the coach for winterizing so I just opened everything not knowing what goes where. It has become a lot clearer now. Thanks. Now if I can get my dealer to fix the odds and ends without having to return it 2 or 3 times. Seems to be the world of all RV's. Enjoy

Rider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
My name is Peter and I just purchased a 2016 Precept 31UL. I am excited about camping again after 35 years. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Does anyone know where the fresh water tank drain valve is located. I read the manual directions and still can't find it crawling under the motor home. I asked the distributors and have had a reply after 3 days.

Thanks and good camping.

Peter K
I just bought a 2016 Precept 31UL a couple of months ago. I have just recently filled the fresh water tank. I'm looking for the same drain. Could you confirm that the back storage conparttment on the passenger side was actually the fresh water drain? The owners manual is no help.
TexasRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #14

The answer to the drain valve question to drain the fresh water tank is simple. Open the drain valve in back storage and turn on the water pump. Without the water pump on the draining of the water is very slow. Peter K

PeterK is offline   Reply With Quote