Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2016, 08:41 AM   #1

New Owner Jayco Precept 31 UL

My name is Peter and I just purchased a 2016 Precept 31UL. I am excited about camping again after 35 years. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Does anyone know where the fresh water tank drain valve is located. I read the manual directions and still can't find it crawling under the motor home. I asked the distributors and have had a reply after 3 days.

Thanks and good camping.

Peter K
PeterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #2

Drains

Left rear compartment in front of the electrical compartment should have a sticker that says low point drain. Right side rear compartment is another low point drain. These valves should all be marked referring to what they drain. Customer service at Jayco is excellent on helping and responds quickly. I hope this helps. Enjoy your new Precept.
Rider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #3

Thanks Rider99.. I found all the low point drains as marked, but none of them lead to the freshwater tank. The low point drains are for the water lines. I am looking for the main drain valve on the fresh water tank in order to drain the tank after sanitizing.

Peter
Old 03-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #4

Congratulations on the new Precept and welcome to the JOF and back to camping... or 'glamping'.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #6

Congratulations and welcome!

Haven't looked not the Eagle yet as it was winterized when we picked it up, but on the WH the only drains were the low points for the water lines - the tank drained through them. It was a SLOW process
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:54 PM   #7

Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Thanks Rider99.. I found all the low point drains as marked, but none of them lead to the freshwater tank. The low point drains are for the water lines. I am looking for the main drain valve on the fresh water tank in order to drain the tank after sanitizing.

Peter
I slid under and looked up at the water tank. My fresh water tank drain line runs to the left side compartment and is the second blue line back from the front. But I was incorrect in stating they were marked. This is the only low drain I see. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:26 PM   #8

Welcome aboard!!
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:00 PM   #9

Rider99 - i checked with Jayco and the fresh water drain is in the rear compartment on the passenger side. It is only labeled "Low Drain Point" and no indication it is for the fresh water tank. The manual calls for and show a drain cock which I was looking to find. That is misleading and so is the manual. Talked to Jayco about it. Thanks for your help. Hope to get the rig out this weekend.

Peter
Old 03-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #10

Tank drain '16 Precept 31UL

Quote:
Rider99 - i checked with Jayco and the fresh water drain is in the rear compartment on the passenger side. It is only labeled "Low Drain Point" and no indication it is for the fresh water tank. The manual calls for and show a drain cock which I was looking to find. That is misleading and so is the manual. Talked to Jayco about it. Thanks for your help. Hope to get the rig out this weekend.

Peter
Here is a photo of my tank drain. It is on the left side of the tank and routed to the left side compartment. It's the only drain that empties the tank completely of water. Maybe sanitizing and draining have two different routings or Jayco changed the plumbing. Have a great weekend. I just reread your post and perhaps the confusion lies in the low water drain for lines in the coach plumbing being one line and the water tank drain line another. Two different lines. The line on the passengers side drains the coach plumbing and the photo shows the water tank drain. I learned something today....thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #11

Thanks Rider99 My Precept has 3 low point drains similar to your picture in the water compartment. These low point drains drain the lines. The other low point drain drains a line from the shower side and the fresh water tank. Live and learn. The manuals do not keep up with the actual design.

Peter
Old 03-16-2016, 09:23 AM   #12

Manuals

Quote:
Thanks Rider99 My Precept has 3 low point drains similar to your picture in the water compartment. These low point drains drain the lines. The other low point drain drains a line from the shower side and the fresh water tank. Live and learn. The manuals do not keep up with the actual design.

Peter
That's the truth. The manuals are a sad excuse for direction. I have only drained the coach for winterizing so I just opened everything not knowing what goes where. It has become a lot clearer now. Thanks. Now if I can get my dealer to fix the odds and ends without having to return it 2 or 3 times. Seems to be the world of all RV's. Enjoy
Old 03-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #13

Quote:
My name is Peter and I just purchased a 2016 Precept 31UL. I am excited about camping again after 35 years. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Does anyone know where the fresh water tank drain valve is located. I read the manual directions and still can't find it crawling under the motor home. I asked the distributors and have had a reply after 3 days.

Thanks and good camping.

Peter K
I just bought a 2016 Precept 31UL a couple of months ago. I have just recently filled the fresh water tank. I'm looking for the same drain. Could you confirm that the back storage conparttment on the passenger side was actually the fresh water drain? The owners manual is no help.
TexasRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #14

The answer to the drain valve question to drain the fresh water tank is simple. Open the drain valve in back storage and turn on the water pump. Without the water pump on the draining of the water is very slow. Peter K