Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2017, 06:54 AM   #21
Site Team

Welcome from NYS! Be sure to ask away if some questions arise. Happy Trails.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #22

Welcome

Welcome Bob & Sandi. We too are from Minneapolis and are heading south right after Christmas. The difference is that we have have been RVing since retiring in 2010 and have put many thousands of miles on three trailers since then. We travel about 4 or 5 months out of the year and have learned a lot in those travels...some from great people on this and other forums and unfortunately some the hard way which is generally referred to as 'experience.'

I don't claim to know it all but as a longtime motorhead, experienced RVer and a person who can't stop making RV mods I am more than willing to provide any advice or help I can. I will send you a private message with my phone number and email address. Feel free to email, text or call me anytime!

Dwayne
DNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:37 AM   #23

Congratulations!! I've learned a thing or 3 from this forum, there's a lot of good people involved here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnBob View Post
I don't have an exact schedule after Christmas. Will hope for a open in good weather at some point. Your right, I'm going with an untested trailer and praying all will be good.
Congratulations and Welcome from Alabama! Your story is inspiring DW and I. We are not there yet, but we see ourselves in a similar place down the road.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:46 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnBob View Post
Good morning! First snow arriving today in MN.

My name is Bob and my best wife ever Sandi have been retired for about 5 years. We have decided to start a new adventure (part time) with an RV. We have never done this before so it is all new to us.

Due to events, we did not get our truck and RV until mid October. We will not get to use it until after Christmas when we will head South for warmer climates for a while. In meantime it is winterized and waiting to travel.

We are both quite hesitant about this not knowing for sure what all we need to do and expect. I have been and will continue to study these forums and try to find out what I need to know to help us through our trip.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience.

Bob
Hi Bob and welcome!

We were in your shoes last year.. new Alante, winterized and in storage, rookies to RVing and very apprehensive about a long trip and stay reserved in Florida.

This forum was, and continues to be a invaluable source! The members have been there for us in a few times of need, helping solve issues that arose during our travels.

I also used the miracle that is the internet to read many, many articles and watch videos (youtube). And, you'll learn from the mistakes you will make..

We've now 12,ooo miles on Esther and are planning our Spring journey to Florida and talking about the summer.

Best wishes to you and Sandi!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
soperman3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intro