Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2019, 08:22 PM   #1

New North Point 377RLBH

Good evening all!

We currently own a 2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8312SS travel trailer. We purchased our very first fifth wheel...a new Jayco North Point 377RLBH at the February RV show in Rosemont, IL. In early March, our RV dealership let us know our 377 was scheduled on the production line, with an anticipated offline date of 5/22/19. At that time, we tentatively scheduled our walk-through for Friday, 5/24/19 and delivery to the campsite on Saturday, 5/25/19. Today, the RV dealership called to tell me that our RV build is complete, however, it's missing the sofa, which is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday, 5/23/19. If the delivery of the sofa goes as planned, we can still take delivery on Saturday, though the dealership's delivery driver was originally supposed to pick up Thursday morning. Our current camper is all packed up in preparation for the anticipated delivery on Saturday, 5/25/19. The dealership told me the delivery may not happen this weekend if Jayco don't get the sofa in as scheduled on Thursday. We have scheduled family to come out to the campsite for the Holiday on Sunday, 5/26/19. We are hoping the delivery is still on as planned. Has anyone encountered this issue before? If so, what was the outcome? Is there any hope the delivery will still be on track for the holiday? I really, really hope so...looking for a glimmer of hope.
KemYonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:37 PM   #2

First, welcome to JOF. In my opinion, the dealer sold a promise that would be tough to deliver not to mention irresponsible. To think they could facilitate delivery, dealer inspection / repairs, prep and cleanup in a span of a few days is pretty optimistic. Is see disappointment on the horizon. You really don’t want to take delivery the day after arrival at the dealer. It’s an RV and will have issues to be resolved and the dealer is responsible to find those issues.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
First, welcome to JOF. In my opinion, the dealer sold a promise that would be tough to deliver not to mention irresponsible. To think they could facilitate delivery, dealer inspection / repairs, prep and cleanup in a span of a few days is pretty optimistic. Is see disappointment on the horizon. You really don’t want to take delivery the day after arrival at the dealer. It’s an RV and will have issues to be resolved and the dealer is responsible to find those issues.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm trying to be hopeful, was told we'd get a follow up call on tomorrow with an update!
Old 05-21-2019, 09:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemYonna View Post
Good evening all!

We currently own a 2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8312SS travel trailer. We purchased our very first fifth wheel...a new Jayco North Point 377RLBH
...snip...
Is there any hope the delivery will still be on track for the holiday? I really, really hope so...looking for a glimmer of hope.
Good evening to you and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on the North Point and hopefully all will be OK for the delivery.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:29 AM   #5

Welcome to JOF!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:28 AM   #6

Welcome from York County, South Carolina!

2011 Jayflight X213
2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:55 AM   #7

Welcome from Ohio!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:02 AM   #8

Welcome from Alabama.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:15 AM   #9

Welcome to the forum!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:03 AM   #10

Welcome from Wisconsin. Hope the sofa arrives soon so you can start enjoying your Jayco North Point 377RLBH.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:40 AM   #11

Thanks so much, I appreciate it!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:41 AM   #12

Thank you Big1
Old 05-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
Welcome from Wisconsin. Hope the sofa arrives soon so you can start enjoying your Jayco North Point 377RLBH.
Thanks so much Wiscampsin...appreciate it
Old 05-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #14
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

OK, you are supposed to pick up your new JAYCO Saturday. Do you have a list of items that you NEED to go over, one by one, with the dealership (PDI - Pre Delivery Inspection)? I have a link of one of the lists here on the forum. Print it out and use it as a check list. Go over EACH item on the list, do not accept a "Well it is ok, don't worry about that". If there is a better list, one of the other members can post a link for you.

You do not want to RUSH through the PDI,, they may try to speed it up, but just take your time. Take video's during the PDI. Personally, I would request that the PDI be completed PRIOR to the signing of the contract. Why, you have them behind the 8 ball. They will jump through hoops to get that sale, especially since it is close to the end of the month for sales totals. The dealer will want you to sign first.

After the PDI is completed, to YOUR satisfaction, sit down and go over the issues you have and tell them that you will be back the following Saturday to go over the issues, one by one, to insure that they have been cared for. You will want the sales person to initial each issue that they had to care for.

Reason, well once you sign on the dotted line and take that RV off the lot, well you just went to the bottom of the SERVICE list. Now you will have to wait a month OR TWO+ to get your items cared for. it is up to you, get it done right while you are in control or just moan and groan for the next month or two trying to get service.

This is not just JAYCO, but every RV mfr that has this issue.
Your choice! Take your time, you have the rest of your life to enjoy the 5er.

Good Luck!

Here is one of the forum's PDI's

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

OK, you are supposed to pick up your new JAYCO Saturday. Do you have a list of items that you NEED to go over with the dealership (PDI - Pre Delivery Inspection)? I have a link of one of the lists here on the forum. Print it out and use it as a check list. Go over EACH item on the list, do not accept a "Well it is ok, don't worry about that". If there is a better list, one of the other members can post a link for you.

You do not want to RUSH through the PDI,, they may try to speed it up, but just take your time. Take video's during the PDI. Personally, I would request that the PDI be completed PRIOR to the signing of the contract. Why, you have them behind the 8 ball. They will jump through hoops to get that sale, especially since it is close to the end of the month for sales totals. The dealer will want you to sign first.

After the PDI is completed, to YOUR satisfaction, sit down and go over the issues you have and tell them that you will be back the following Saturday to go over the issues, one by one, to insure that they have been cared for. You will want the sales person to initial each issue that they had to care for.

Reason, well once you sign on the dotted line and take that RV off the lot, well you just went to the bottom of the SERVICE list. Now you will have to wait a month OR TWO+ to get your items cared for. it is up to you, get it done right while you are in control or just moan and groan for the next month or two trying to get service.

This is not just JAYCO, but every RV mfr that has this issue.
Your choice!

Good Luck!

Here is one of the forum's PDI's

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Wow Mustang65, what great advice and information!! We did not have a formal checklist but had some notes written down to review during our PDI. I will print the PDI checklist and take with us, as I know this can be SOOO helpful! We can't think of everything, as there maybe somethings you just don't know to ASK or LOOK for, so thank you so much for sharing!! Our plan was to do the walk-thru or PDI first then sit and do the paperwork after everything meets our approval. As you've suggested, if anything isn't right, we'll have them to initial the areas of concern for them to be addressed...don't want to be moaning and groaning later that's for sure. Thanks again for all your wisdom you've parted with us!

Much appreciated!
Old 05-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemYonna View Post
Thanks again for all your wisdom you've parted with us!
You are sooooo welcome!!

I was born and raised in Chicago, now it is a nice place to visit now:-)

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
You are sooooo welcome!!

I was born and raised in Chicago, now it is a nice place to visit now:-)

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Oh that's great! [emoji3]

2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8312SS (Traded)
Old 05-22-2019, 05:30 PM   #18
Site Team

Welcome to JOF.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Welcome to JOF.
Thank you norty1 [emoji4]

2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8312SS (Traded)
Old 05-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #20

Welcome to JOF From Washington State, The Great Pacific NorthWest!

2020 Ford F350 XLT 4x4 SCLB, FX4, 6.7 Diesel
2021 NorthWood Nash 29S, OTG, Solar
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 HD, SCLB, 5.0 373 SOLD
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS SOLD
ToppDogg is offline   Reply With Quote