Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #1

New To Forum and New X19 Again

Hello, new guy here from WV. I have been camping with my parents since I was six months old. I would take that over any cruise or hotel anytime. We had an 07 model 19H, until my mother passed away and we had to get rid of it to clear the estate. Well, its been two years and life goes on. I am fortunate enough to be able to buy anther one and I am scheduled for pick up this Saturday. I do have a few questions about model differences.

First, on the side its listed as Jayco Select. Does all of them have the same graphic now, or is that related to features on the camper?

Next is the power awning, can the ends be adjusted on it for rain run off?

Next is the hitch options. On my old one, I had Reese Cam system. I loved it, and it worked great. I wanted this put on the new one, but I got a call today from the service manager saying it could not be used on this camper due to the C channel frame, it could twist it. Instead, at no extra charge to me, they would put an Equilizer hitch system on the camper. I still had my head, and bars from my old one, and all I was buying was the cams. Did Jayco change the frame on these in the last few years? Will I be happy with the different hitch? How hard is it I want to use another truck to tow it. The other vehicles are Chevy's, and are not near as high as my Dodge.

I also had them install a Tornado in my black tank, I had problems in the old on from junk hanging on the sensor and getting them good and clean. This one also has the nice aluminum wheels, dual tanks, outside radio, grill and all the other good stuff. Another thing I really like is putting the hot water tank and awning controls inside a nice little box on the end of the cabinet by the door. The box cover doubles as a key hook, and cork board for pin up notes.

We have had everything from the biggest class c motor homes, down to pop ups and tents, and 30ft and under TT's. The only thing we have not owned is a 5'er. For me and DW and two kids, the X19 is the perfect TT. It has a good amount of cabinet space, and I love how open it is when the beds are down and camp is set. It makes it feel like a much larger TT than what it is. Its light and easy to tow. I can throw the camp box, with Coleman stoves, lanterns, hoses and everything else, along with firewood and the kids bikes and still able to carry it easy with a half ton truck.

Thanks for reading my ramblings. I can't wait to get it, make the 70 mile drive home from the dealer, and get ready to go in a couple of weeks.
MrKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, MrKong. Enjoy your new Jayco.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #3

Thanks.
MrKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #4

On the power awning, I have the X213 that has it and I am able to adjust the tilt. It also has the autodump feature that will tilt when there is excessive water build up
Old 03-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #5

Welcome to the JOF, MrKong!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #6

Welcome to the forum Mr.Kong and congrats on your new X19. Glad to hear you're back in the 'camping game' again.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #7

mrkong
we looked at the 19h in our searching, very nice layout and spacious.
i dont have much experience with my e-2 weight distribution but i like it so far. very easy to use and really takes no time. the e-2 is a lower line equalizer hitch and only has 2way sway control and is a little cheaper. seems to work awesome tho with our setup. to swap vehicles looks like a few bolts and some measuring. mayb half hr once you have done it once and mark where it goes??? perhaps you could get the parts that bolt to the tts frame seperate to have an extra set????
no idea about your stickers.... and i "think" all 2012s with the power awning are adjustable now. ours is and it will adjust quite a bit. you should definately confirm as the adjustable is a very nice improvement. imo
btw welcome to JOF!!

2012 Jay Feather Ultra Light 228
1200/12000lb e2 weight distribution(slight overkill)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
me wife 2 girls (3 & 9)
2 dogs a boxer and a bloodhound
ctsvslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #8

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #9

Thanks for all the welcomes.

This one is a new 11 model. So I guess I will find out fully about the awning on Saturday. I was parked in a line up and did not have it extended when I was there last week. I went ahead and had them add a power tongue jack.

The only major things left are some decks of cards, and some new bikes for the kids, and hide the Monopoly before they pack it .