Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2022, 07:19 AM   #1

New to Forum with an X213

Hi,

I've been able to come to this site to get some info in the past so figured should go ahead and join.

I grew up in Maine and our family had a camper most of my childhood so it wasn't a new experience for me. My wife and I enjoyed tent camping for a long time but with the arrival of our twins we thought it was time to jump up to a camper. We thought it would make going a little easier, you know, just pack up and head out (feel free to laugh at me for that one).

Long story on how we got our camper. We started shopping in 2019. We looked at a couple of places to get idea what we wanted. Saw an X213 online and there happened to be one at the Camping World in our town. One had been marked down significantly more than the others but of course that sold quick. Went to the store to look at the other X213s they had, saw the one that had been marked down, was actually all prepped for pick up. Wife said she wanted to head in. I told her really shouldn't as it was sold. Heard a voice around the corner saying "not anymore". The guy buying it decided he didn't want it. I asked the salesman if it was the same discounted price, he said yes. SOLD.

We've enjoyed it so far, only a couple trips per year since getting it. The twins make it a bit harder but we're trying. I ended up taking out the bunks and pushing back the fake wall that was there. I needed to make more space for cribs and while I did that I added more insulation and a storage cubby on in it. Swapped TVs for a better one and added some USB chargers but really no other mods yet. Going to be adding some panels to roof this year and improving storage. Also, the boys are too big for cribs now so putting beds back in.

Anyhow, I'll have more questions than answers but glad to be here.
KYFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:25 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your Jay Feather X213.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 11:32 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 04:50 AM   #4

Welcome from York County, South Carolina and a fellow X213 owner!

2011 Jayflight X213
2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:31 PM   #5

Congrats! What year is your X213? We bought our 2015 X213 last October and love it, especially the king size bed!
dredhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:01 PM   #6

It's a 2019.

We like the king size bed and the shorter box when pulled in. Also the garage/bunk.
KYFire is offline   Reply With Quote