Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2017, 06:28 AM   #1

New to Jayco

Hello,
My wife and I started camping eleven years ago when our daughter was eight months old. We started out in a Kodiak canvas tent. Our son was born seven years ago and he got to spend the first three years in the tent also. We then stepped up to a 1996 Dutchman 1204, it was a good popup camper for us and we really enjoyed it (except for the set up and tear down). We originally started camping to save money on our vacations (the tent defffinatley did that), then it turned into a fantastic way to spend time with our kids.
We had been wanting to upgrade to a travel trailer for the last few years so last year we bought a bigger truck with the plan on buying a travel trailer this year.
After researching them non stop we decided to skip the travel trailer and go straight to a fifth wheel.
That dream has finally come true for us, As of two days ago we are the proud owners of a 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK.
We spent our first night in it last night. I am typing this while enjoying my first cup of coffee in our new trailer. What a fantastic feeling this is as our kids are still passed out in their bunks.
I'm sure I'll have questions moving forward but for now we are enjoying this new chapter in our family camping experience.

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0676.jpg  
EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:46 AM   #2

Congratulations on your purchase!! How exciting for your family! Enjoy the new 5er and make lots of great family memories with it.
Khans Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:54 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome from Western NY! Good looking rig.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:01 AM   #4

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:08 AM   #5

Welcome to JOF !
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #6

Congrats and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
Hello,
My wife and I started camping eleven years ago when our daughter was eight months old. We started out in a Kodiak canvas tent. Our son was born seven years ago and he got to spend the first three years in the tent also. We then stepped up to a 1996 Dutchman 1204, it was a good popup camper for us and we really enjoyed it (except for the set up and tear down). We originally started camping to save money on our vacations (the tent defffinatley did that), then it turned into a fantastic way to spend time with our kids.
We had been wanting to upgrade to a travel trailer for the last few years so last year we bought a bigger truck with the plan on buying a travel trailer this year.
After researching them non stop we decided to skip the travel trailer and go straight to a fifth wheel.
That dream has finally come true for us, As of two days ago we are the proud owners of a 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK.
We spent our first night in it last night. I am typing this while enjoying my first cup of coffee in our new trailer. What a fantastic feeling this is as our kids are still passed out in their bunks.
I'm sure I'll have questions moving forward but for now we are enjoying this new chapter in our family camping experience.

Eric
Big congrats on the new 5er! I am sure you will love it!
I just started RVing last Spring and I LOVE it!!! I had no idea of the large RV community here in America, wow what a surprise for me.
But as a former tent camper I gotta ask, do you (or will you or anyone out there) ever feel kinda guilty referring yourself (ourselves) as a "camper" instead of an "RVer" I know my travel trailer has taken my 'camping' up a notch I never thought possible as a tent camper, and I truly love it. Sometimes I just feel like I'm not a true 'camper' as much as I am an 'RVer'. Welcome any other thoughts on this
Thanks
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakterp View Post
Big congrats on the new 5er! I am sure you will love it!
I just started RVing last Spring and I LOVE it!!! I had no idea of the large RV community here in America, wow what a surprise for me.
But as a former tent camper I gotta ask, do you (or will you or anyone out there) ever feel kinda guilty referring yourself (ourselves) as a "camper" instead of an "RVer" I know my travel trailer has taken my 'camping' up a notch I never thought possible as a tent camper, and I truly love it. Sometimes I just feel like I'm not a true 'camper' as much as I am an 'RVer'. Welcome any other thoughts on this
Thanks
The thought of never being a true camper will never cross my mind. lol We have paid our dues and worked our way up the ladder. When we bought the previous popup we decided that we were not going to get rid of the tent. We still have it to this day and use it from time to time. I'm glad we have progressed the way that we did, all forms of camping have produced unforgettable memories for us. If we happen to camp next to somebody in a Walmart tent, we will be just as friendly because we have been in their shoes. We will miss the smaller campsites because we have had some awesome ones in the past.

Eric
Old 04-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #9

Yes, I can relate, I did many many years of tent camping also
I just switched to RV last year and some friends told me "that really isn't camping"
So I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten that before?
Thanks
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #10
Site Team

Welcome to JOF!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakterp View Post
Yes, I can relate, I did many many years of tent camping also
I just switched to RV last year and some friends told me "that really isn't camping"
So I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten that before?
Thanks
We spent our first night in it last night, so we have not had any chances to get any comments on our new rig. As we were sitting around the fire last night my wife jokingly started calling it "glamping" lol. We have all the comforts of home but are still getting the camping experience and I'm ok with that. We don't plan on doing any cooking in the camper, kids only get to watch a movie when they are in bed for the night. After our one nighter we can't wait to get back out again, tomorrow we will be checking schedules and figuring out the next available dates for us.

Eric B.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:32 AM   #12
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
WOW... congrats! Nothing like morning coffee in your trailer.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:52 AM   #14

Congratulations! Welcome aboard from Cherry Hill, NJ! Nothing like camping to build family bonds and create amazing memories!
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #15

Congrats and welcome

You can always dig out the tent from time to time - we used our family tent in our backyard a few weeks ago just to make sure it was good to go for the season. It will continue to see some use and I'll never get rid of my camping gear. The house on wheels fills a different niche for us, but a welcome one.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #16

Welcome to the Jayco Family. We're on our 2nd 5er and will never look back on the TT days and wish we had a TT again. My kids are all grown and moved on, but sometime they still join us. Our first Grand Daughter is coming at the end of April. Hopefully we can take her on a few trips and get her started in camping. Enjoy

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:30 PM   #17

Congrats on the new trailer and welcome to JOF. Happy Camping!

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
50 Gal. Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:09 AM   #18

Welcome from another Cherry Hill, NJ member!
Dober2004 is offline   Reply With Quote