Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2017, 08:05 PM   #11

Oh wow, yeah mine does not have that. But I think I could manage doing something like that myself.
I will have to look into it.
Also, yours is so clean looking compared to the one I just bought. I havent had a chance to go scrub it down. it was kept outside on a farm for the last 4 years. So it has a nice layer of weather to the outside, but the inside was amazing. I chipped out about a dozen mud dauber shells, but some of the stuff in still had plastic wrap on it from the factory.
The guy I bought it from had it for 9 years and only took it out 4 times.
I will try to put up some pictures of the top of mine tomorrow. Its too dark out now.

Jetsers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #12

Don't think those rails are stock. Bought ours new and I don't remember it being an option even. Had the same racks on ours, but they lag bolted right into the edge of the roof.

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #13

Great! I'd like to see it closer. The bike rack you see on my camper actually comes with lag bolts that you have to drill the edge of your roof to mount. When I saw the T-rail option with the hardware they provided, I decided not to put holes in my roof. However, that bike rack is design to drill into the outside edges and catch some wood framing that's underneath the fiberglass roof.

I am the third owner of my camper. I was extremely impressed with the interior and it still had a new smell to it. Nothing still wrapped in plastic but everything seemed to work.

We are going to give it a good workout in July with a nine-day, three state park trek that will take us from SW Michigan where I'm at up to Lake Superior and back. It will be close to a 900 mile round trip. I guess I'll see just how good the tires are.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
36fire412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Don't think those rails are stock. Bought ours new and I don't remember it being an option even. Had the same racks on ours, but they lag bolted right into the edge of the roof.

I saw that picture on another post when I was researching The Forum for bike rack ideas. That's where I got my bike rack idea (thanks). I was frustrated that I could not find an economical T-rail system to go with what was on my camper and thought I would just have to drill into the T-rail to mount it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had hardware components to allow me to attach to those two rails. Mine is a 2010 and I had mentioned earlier that I presumed it was a standard item on the camper.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
36fire412 is offline   Reply With Quote