Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
MDL

New To RV - Just Can't Get on the Road Yet

I recently purchased a one year old Jayco 377RLBH and pulling with a Ford F350 6.7. It has been a great combination, but I am having problems getting on the road consistently in the first month of ownership because my kitchen slide has had to have the motor replaced already and the new one looks like it may be gone after just 8 slide operations. This time the slide is in and the motor has rotated in the mount. Cannot remove the motor retaining screw indicated in the Schwintek manual because the slide will not move out and the screw is only accessed from the outside where the slide covers it up when in the trailer. Motor will not move and seems to be jammed in the mount due to what appears to be motor rotating in the mount. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:56 PM   #2

Welcome to the zoo from MO
We have a 377 but I don’t know anything about the slide systems. I’m sure someone will chime in
Good luck and keep us informed
Meadowlark paint
Iraq 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:01 PM   #3

Did you try to reset the motor 1st or are you sure that the motor is completely dead?
Old 03-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #4
MDL

I did reset, but found that the motor had rotated and sheared off the retaining screw. I was able to push the slide out enough to remove the retaining screw and then the motor. Unfortunately what appears to be a small capacitor was broken on top of the motor sensor card.

Before all this happened it appeared the refrigerator side of the slide was under a great deal of load and that is when we heard a "Pop". The motor must have at that moment jammed and bent the retaining screw.
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote