Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #21

Welcome to the RV living! You made a good choice keeping it close with a veteran as the first time out always ends with questions.

QUOTE=FrankW;959256]Hello All!!!!

My name is Frank Wong. We live in Southwestern Ontario Canada. Married and we have two teen age kids. We just picked up our first Travel Trailer. Jayco Jay Feather 27 BHB. It has nicer chairs than our house. We are new to trailering and glamping and took the dive into this model.

Our first two trips were already cancelled due to COVID (April 30-May 2 and April 7 to 9) but we hope to get out in it soon. Not sure what to expect once we get to a site and we still have RV antifreeze still in the lines and the 3 hour intro from our dealer seems like ages ago...

Should be interesting which is why our first trip this weekend was only 30 min away and we booked with friends that could help...

Glad to be here - I hope to learn the easy way vs the hard way but I am also known to attend the School of Hard Knocks very frequently (like PhD level). LOL

Cheers and Happy Camping in 2021 to all!

Frank and Fam[/QUOTE]
nfd181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:53 PM   #22

Welcome, from New Mexico.
I keep a small yellow legal pad in the RV, and each time we are using it, I write down things we need, chores I need to accomplish when we return home.
Seldom do I cross off every item on the list, which means I roll some over to the next list.
Many answers to your questions can be found online, such as winterizing and sanitizing water tank and water lines.
Also, it pays off to book campsites weeks in advance. To be sure to get what you want....
Enjoy....!
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #23

Welcome from Lakewood, Washington State! Just remember, "Practice Makes Better". Never perfect. We learn or see something different every time! Again, Welcome and have FUN!
Billandcarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:24 PM   #24

You Tube has a great video on de winterizing your camper as well as a step by step guide on winterizing it. I highly suggest getting to a campsite and spending at least 3 or more days getting use to everything in the trailer. When I sold my jayco sleeps 3 for a bigger model which they did not have but I bought something comparable to a sleeps 5. I spent 3 days reorganizing and getting use to all the new bells and whistles. I miss my jayco sleeps 3 but after having the sleeps 5 more room. Enjoy the new trailer. I love the bells and whistles mine has. Also make sure the children know how things work especially the fire extinguisher even though you will probably never use it. Since everyone in my family is busy I solo camp as a female. Love the peace and solitude. Good luck.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:16 PM   #25

Welcome from New Jersey. On our 2nd trip now. Enjoy and good luck.
bobsamm is offline   Reply With Quote