Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 AM   #1

New to us 2015 Greyhawk 31FK

Hello, we are picking up our first class c Monday Sept 23rd.

It has no spare which I was researching when I found this forum.

We have joined explorer rv and signed up for road service.

The dealer offered us a third party warranty that cover pretty well everything for can$3200 for 4 years.

Any feedback on costs of out of warranty repairs would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:42 AM   #2

Welcome and you will hear many differing opinions about the warranty. I always bought one, but it always came with a partial refund if you sold or traded the rig. With all the electronics etc I always felt that it was worth it.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:06 PM   #3

Before you decide on the third party warranty make sure you read the fine print and disclaimers. Then read the really fine print to see what it doesn't cover. These things are a real money makers for dealers.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #4

Yes we will go over the fine print for sure.

What I would like to get a feel for is some repair costs to compare it with. If we had to repair the leveling system or generator, inverter or other costly repairs people have run into.

Regards,

John
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #5

2015 was a good year for Jayco because it was prior to Thor buying the company. So it is a genuine Jayco. I have a 2015 31FS and no problems with anything other than the furnace. Did not care for the tankless water heater which was a nuisance. I replaced it with the old fashioned 6 gallon Atwood. Alot has to go wrong with your RV to spend $3200 in repairs over a 4 year stretch of time so that could be a crap shoot if you are handy and can make your own repairs. Labor costs here at my dealer is $120 an hour. There are many folks who have purchased insurance like you are considering and unfortunately terms of contracts always found a way out of paying off a claim. They may not all be this way but you really do have to study the contract terms. Never rely on the opinion of anyone at a dealer however and do go over that RV with a fine tooth comb before you drive away from the sales lot next Sept 23rd. Just my two cents worth.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote