Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #1

Angry Newbie: Need Help with Power Step

My husband, David and I are first time RV owners with lots to learn. Can anyone "please" explain to me, the functioning of the power steps? I've attached a picture of my panel, which includes a button for Power Step On/Off. The button has not functioned to accomplish anything since day one. Logic told me that you should be able to utilize this button, when you are in a stationary position for a long time; so that the steps do not feed in and out, every time you open and close the door. My complaints (upon the MANY times our BRAND NEW RV has been in and out of Camping World), are falling on deaf ears.

This morning, my little grand daughter was coming in the door, as she ascended the stairs, the screen door closed up behind her, setting the steps in motion to close, and she slid between them - sandwiching her legs between the steps!!

Can someone PLEASE TELL ME - is the Power Step On/Off switch used for the purpose of locking the steps in an open position when stationary?

Thanks, Donna
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0861.jpg  
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #2

Typically the steps button Off disables the steps from moving when the screen or main door are opened or closed.
Unless it's a motorhome and then the steps will retract no matter what if the engine key is turned to Run.

There is a magnetic sensor (can usually be seen) it's small and black on the screen door.
Perhaps it's missing, misaligned, or the switch is disconnected, or wired incorrectly?
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:26 PM   #3

In the on position the steps will retract every time you close the door. In the off position they only retract when the ignition is turned on
Old 02-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #4
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

I think Grumpy answered your question.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote