Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #1

Newbies from Montana

Hello everybody,

So excited to be here. We, George and I, purchased our very first TT, 26 Jay Flight RLS, in early fall. We took her out right away through out fall and had a wonderful time. Since then we have read a lot of the full time blogs and we got the bug to go on the road too. So that's what we did and jumped right on in.

My husband works in the computer industry and works from home, home being where ever we are and having internet access of course. We did a lot of planning, routes, RV parks vs. possible boondocking sites, how many miles one should drive between each stop and last but not least how will traveling with a new Black Lab puppy, named Wyatt, be for us with all the new things we need to learn.

My husband took time off for the beginning of the trip so he can ease into the new work situation as well as enjoy the beginning of our trip. We left during a snow storm, I know, probably not the smartest thing to do, being new and all. After some very white knuckle moments we made it to our first stop in one piece.

Fort Worden State Park, Port Townsend, WA. A beautiful, inactive, army base on Admiralty Inlet at the corner of Puget Sound and Straight of Juan de Fuca. This is our third day out and so far so good. A little rain, but hey, winter time at the beach can be just as fun.

Nice to meet you all,

Lehua
A Slice of Life
A Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum from Northeast Ohio!

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #3

Welcome to JOF Name:  imagesCAANJ885.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  10.0 KB
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Site Team

I like your plan. Welcome to the forum.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slice of Life View Post
Hello everybody,

My husband works in the computer industry and works from home, home being where ever we are and having internet access of course. We did a lot of planning, routes, RV parks vs. possible boondocking sites, how many miles one should drive between each stop and last but not least how will traveling with a new Black Lab puppy, named Wyatt, be for us with all the new things we need to learn.

Lehua
A Slice of Life
[This is the husband George ]

We're having the time of our lives! We've found a few minor things with the TT that need to be addressed but nothing to stress about. We didn't find as much crab/seafood as we thought we would in Port Townsend so we're changing the itinerary and heading to Brookings, OR for 5 nights.

We know there's seafood there and the Beachfront RV park (is literally on the beach) and comes highly recommended.

Merry Christmas!

George
=============================
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26 RLS TT
2013 Ram 2500 Mega HD Cummins Diesel
gpmilliken is offline   Reply With Quote