Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #1

Smile newcomers

Hi folks,

We are Garry and Dianne. We need to learn more about the Jayco fifth wheels. As introduction, we just sold a 34rltg Hitchhiker Discover America. We have really loved living in the unit for 3 winters in AZ but have purchased a home here in Happy Trails, Surprise, AZ. We now want to downsize to a camping size fifth wheel and think the Eagle Superlite 25.5 RKS would be just perfect. We will only camp for 1-2 weeks at a time and use it to travel from Seattle to AZ and back.

In our pursuit of the Jayco, we were disappointed with the calls to Jayco company as with our NuWa Hitchhiker, we could actually talk to service techs, get details of units and had a great customer/company experience.

We hope to find a good unit and Jayco has a good reputation.

I have asked this on another thread but we would like to know the difference between a 2009 and 2010 Eagle Superlite 25.5 RKS. We are seeing new 2009 available at better prices. We know interior color differences but wonder about structure, etc.

Thanks. I'll be reading and learning from you all.
Dianne
fiddlinrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #2

Howdy Gary and Diane,

I can't help you with your question about the Eagles. I am surprised to hear of the lack of response from Jayco. One of the reasons I chose a Jayco was because of all the fantastic reviews of their customer service. When I bought my used fiver, it didn't have an owner's manual. One email to Jayco, and they emailed me one, as per my request.

Perhaps you should give them another try. I would recommend emailing them, or calling them again. Couldn't hurt to try again. Email and other contact info can be found at this address: http://www.jayco.com/php/about/contact.us.php

I hope this helps. Please let us know if it does or doesn't.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #3

25.5 RKS Jayco

Hi Dianne, We have recently(End of Nov.) purchased a new 2009 Jayco 25.5 RKS at a greatly reduced price and had a wonderful dealership experience while doing it. I had been studying 5th wheels for about 6 months and the only difference I found in the 2009 model vrs the 2010 was the 26" LCD HD TV in the 2009. The 2010 offers a 32". This seems to be the perfect model for us and although we will only use it a week or 2 at a time for now, I'm thinking I could full time it as well when that time comes in a year or two. For sure it will be easy size to get around in all the camping places we like! Jim and Elaine
jameshil is offline   Reply With Quote