Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2016, 10:55 AM   #1

Not so new Greyhawk owners

Hello all,

We actually purchased our 2012 Greyhawk 31FS back in November 2015 but are new to the forum. My girlfriend and I started out tent camping together when we got together about 5 years ago. That was fun but we had the worst luck with weather for just about the entire 2 years of that. We couldn't go camping without getting soaked. So I purchased an extremely used 1988 coleman pop-up that would keep us off the ground. We used that until the wheels about fell off 2 years later. When things completely stopped working, we traded it in for a monster of a pop-up by forest river and a huge upgrade from the coleman but something I could still pull with my Colorado. We had that for about 3 months before we went camping with some friends of ours who recently purchased their brand new Greyhawk 31FS. They got off early and were already set up when we pulled in with the pop-up around 8 as the sun was setting (typical for us, unfortunately). after about 45 mins of us both setting up all the beds and hookups and all that we decided that the motorhome was the way to go. After long hours scouring the internet over the next 2 months, I finally found a 31FS that we could afford. Drove up to Buffalo, NY to pick her up and have been extremely happy with our purchase. Sorry for the long winded post. It only tells about 1/4 of the story but we are proud of the journey it took to get here. Ready to continue our travels for years to come.
icandoallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #2

That is why we purchased Harvey the RV: Hated tents, hated getting wet, hated watching people in their RVs in shorts eating popcorn and watching TV while we were freezing our nalgas off...

Best decision ever! 2010 Greyhawk 31FS
Old 08-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #3
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

Everyone here loves to read about the other person's experiences.. write on!!!
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote