Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #21

Wow, congrats
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:21 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
In hindsight, we probably should not have paid until the check engine light was off.....it was on when we took for a test drive and told it would be fixed before we picked it up (not) and that it was not unusual for new rigs to have issues.
We have had a number of high price things done, and we use the credit card as our backup. So when we went to the flooring store and they said the flooring would be delivered and they would install it the same day.. I said ok, but we would pay him 1/4 of the amount and the remainder when the floor was delivered/installed. Had to go round and round on that. They said the guys would be there around 8 am... no show until about 1:30. They brought the boxes into the house and said they would be back sometime the next day. They wore grubby clothes and were probably out drinking late the night before. I called the store, gave the phone to the installer and could hear the entire conversation and the last thing I heard was DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT THEM PAYING. So, he gave me the phone back and asked for me to pay.. I said when the floor is finished you will get the money... after a few choice words.. he said he was going to take the flooring back with them... I said go ahead.... they said BS and left... I called the Credit card company and cancelled the card.. the next day the store called and said the card was no good... I said I know, I cancelled it yesterday... now get someone that is going to get the job done. It turns out that no one wants to work for them So I have flooring in boxes, no installers.. I called a local guy that installs floors and had him call the flooring store. I suggested that he work it out so that I pay his company and not the flooring company. The flooring store called me and said I should pay the worker and they will work it out.. I asked for an email to validate that... he finally agreed I got the email and the QUALITY installer had a 1000SqFt of flooring done in a day. I always keep one of those EXTRA credit cards just for that purpose.

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote