Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2024, 07:55 AM   #1

Potential purchase

Good morning everyone!!! My name is Ben and I am from Bucks County PA. We are looking to purchase a travel trailer for our family of 4 + 2 dogs. We are currently looking at a Jay Feather X213. Wish us luck!
imallstressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 10:40 PM   #2

Best of luck on your search.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:56 AM   #3

Good luck on your search!
Take another pair of eyes, preferably someone with camping/purchasing experience, to look over your candidate. It can be overwhelming for a first timer no matter what size you get. If you buy from a dealer, again talk with someone experienced to make sure the deal is on the up and up so to speak. Don't let the dealer pressure you into buying.
Keep us posted and one rule here to remember, we need pics or it didn't happen! Lol!
Old 05-15-2024, 08:44 AM   #4

Welcome Aboard! We absolutely love our HTT!

Not to scare you off at all, but RVs require a lot of maintenance, and many people do not do it or delay doing it and they get water leaks. Somewhere around age 3-5 it is common for the caulking to begin to fail and needs to be touched up on a regular basis (like every year). Look closely for signs of water and damage. If possible get up on the roof and check all the caulking. It is a good sign if there is signs of the caulking being touched up, or even better yet, they apply Eternabond tape to the seams. Side walls are the same, but they tend not to leak like the roof.

Good Luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:59 AM   #5

Good luck on your search! I see you are in Bucks County, PA. We have a home in Berks County.
If I can offer a little input, we looked a lot before we purchased our last Jayco. It's a bit of a drive for you but we had a very good experience with Keystone RV in Keystone PA. We saved several thousand dollars when we bought our 212qb a few years ago. Great dealership, turnkey purchase all done from SC at the time. We pulled our TV in. They installed the braking system and set up the proper wd hitch and drove out in less than 2 hours. Then headed directly to Bar Harbor. No issues of any kind.
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote