Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2017, 05:29 PM   #1

Cool Propane Hook Up

Hello Everyone! My family and I are new owners of a 2005 Jayco 806 pop up camper and we love it! The camper came with the indoor stove top that can be taken to also cook outside.

My question is this: When I take the stove top (or BBQ that it came with) outside to cook, I have no problem hooking it up to the gas line. Its easy to find and works great. When I have the stove top inside the camper, on the counter top (in the slots provided for the stove to sit properly), I can't hook it up to gas. I can't find the gas line anywhere!?!? I lifted the counter top to look under it (which is how I break down the trailer) and there is no gas line.

Does anyone know where it would be located? Is there a chance the pop up came with the stove top but there was never a gas line installed to connect to inside?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Brett
PopUpSchuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #2

I would start by looking underneath the trailer and tracing the propane line which you plug the cookset into when you have it outside.
Either that, or trace the propane line from the tank backwards (it should visible underneath). Look for a "T" split with a line heading to the area where the stove sits inside.
Noticing the floor plan: on the inside the cook set sits above the refrigerator. Is the refrigerator a RV Gas/electric? or is it just a cold box which you use block ice in?

If your refrigerator is capable of running on gas then there would definitely be a gas line running to that side of the trailer.

I understand you looked under the counter top, did you look in behind the refrigerator, or under the seat cushion?

A lot of these small pop-up/tent trailers were designed to utilize the cook set outdoors only.

Of course that does not mean, it cannot be modified fairly easy.

Of note, based on personal past experience; firing up a burner on the cookset first thing on a crisp morning to make some coffee will heat that thing up very nice...
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new to you Jayco! The first place we used a pop-up was near you at Malibu Creek State Park. For your stove, do you use the same hose inside and outside? Our old pop-up, I would use the same hose for cooking indoors or out. I don't recall where the indoor connection was located as it's been nearly 20 years since we had that little trailer. Keep looking in yours though, there has to be a connector inside. Good luck and have fun camping!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:46 AM   #4

If you cant find it Call Jayco and welcome from Texas
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote