Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1

prospective jayco buyer

I am in the market for a new TT. My wife and I are new to the camping life. We had purchased our first TT from another manufacturer about 3 months ago. Due to the continued problem with the TT and the company which we purchased it from we are now looking for another. We like the Jay Flight 32 BHDS. Has anyone seen any major issues with this model? I have seen some other posts on the subject however the ones that I found were from a yr or two ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BOBCATMECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #2

Where are you?

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #3

Kansas City Mo.
BOBCATMECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #4

No experience on this model but buying from Trailside in Grain Valley was a pretty good experience. I had some minor complaints about the process but overall they were a nice group to work with.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #5

They have been very good to us so far. They understood our frustrations and helped us get out of our broken TT and into a new one. We are supposed to sign on the dotted line on sat.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #6

Welcome to the JOF Bobcatmech! Your successful future in any new rv begins with a good dealer who takes care of you after the sale and follows through with warranty work that pops up along the way. One concern that has been mentioned here with members is of those who have a 'separate' room in the back, and whether or not the a/c cools it. Congrats on getting the new tt. Hope this experience is better than the previous
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #7

I don't have the model you are asking about, but I do have a 32 TSBH which is similar, except I don't have the outside kitchen, and instead have a huge bunkhouse. Haven't had any real issues with mine except a couple of minor things such as not being caulked around the tub faucet. Overall, I am very pleased with mine. I charcoal grill my food, and keep beer and soda on ice so I really did not want an outside kitchen. My bunkhouse is huge with 4 bunks and 2 trundle beds. It also has a fold down table, 2 small closets and 12 drawers for clothes or storage. I have 4 daughters, 3 of which are married, with 3 grandchildren and another on the way. It is not unusual for there to be 10 or 11 of us camping together. I needed the room!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #8

We looked at the TSHB however it was a little larger then what we need at this time. We only have 2 boy's. 10 and 3 plus my wife and I. Im with you on the grill and ice. This unit has the large storge door for the outside kitchen however it was not ordered with one. It looks and feels better constructed then our first and from what I've read we shouldn't see anything out of the ordinary as we did on our first one. We had structural issues on our second trip. Had less then 200 miles on it and the partician wall between the living room and the bunk house bowed. Then the list just got longer on issues and our dealer was draging there feet. Can't wait to get my new TT and be able to enjoy it instead of worrying about what will brake next.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #9

I will be anxiously awaiting your opinions and reviews on this TT as I am close to trading in my 1 year old to me,Jayco Jay Flight 26BH on this trailer or the triple slide...... Good luck...
Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #10

I can't speak to this particular model, but I can speak about Jayco quality. This is our 3rd Jayco trailer that we bought new. The first was a pop-up, the second a 17ft hybrid, and now the X20E hybrid. Overall construction of Jayco's is solid. We never had any issues related to construction on any of them, although we've only had the X20E for a few months so that remains to be seen. We owned the pop-up (a '93 1208) and the hybrid ('03 Kiwi 17a) for 10 years each.

I will say that the finish work on Jaycos is sloppy. On each trailer I had to fix small things like glue interior trim, readjust doors, etc. Nothing major, just annoying.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #11

Thank you. The small things I can handle and expect. It's when walls start moving and you can see daylight threw the wall that I get upset about.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #12

We have had our Jayco (not your model) for about a year and a half. Overall it has been a very good TT. It has been in the shop a few times, mostly for small minor items, but it has the 2 year warranty and the dealer is 15 miles away so I have brought it in instead of doing the work myself.

I do not know what was wrong with your first “broken TT”, but Jayco trailers just like any other major item you will purchase it is primarily hand built, and built quickly. So do not be surprised that there will be a few things wrong, which will need to be corrected. Also with anything that is hand built, there is always a chance of a lemon.

My recommendation is to tell your dealer you want to do your PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) BEFORE you sign the papers. Dealers always want to do the PDI after you sign the papers by the way. Once the papers are signed you own it and you cannot change for a different unit. Take your time during your PDI and ask a lot of questions and inspect everything closely. Make sure YOU try everything, from open/closing every door, drawer, stereo, light, water heater placement, and so forth. You will not regret it. For example we went through our PDI, and the stereo’s outside speaker would not work. While we continued with the PDI a technician diagnosed and replaced the stereo before we were done. They will go through a lot and you will not remember everything, especially if you are new to RVing.

Happy RV’n

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote