Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2021, 01:16 PM   #1

Renate

Hi, don‘t know if this is the right place to post this. I bought a 34 mbds Jay flight in 2019. Have had nothing but problems from day 1. my warranty is up. However, the main issue, the kitchen slide out is still not working. Has never worked. In 2019 a seal was ordered in the fall and put into the slide out in the spring of 2020. This did not work. Fall of 2020 it was decided that the motors of the slide out did not work. New motors were ordered ,and put in spring 2021. they did not work either and new motors are supposed to be ordered. In the meantime. The slide out has been manipulated so much by different techs, that the top on one side is separating from the main frame and now I have had three floods, because we have had a lot of rain where I am located. Water ran right into the dining room and soaked the carpet. My trailer is a total lemon. Someone from Texas has suggested to look for a lemon law in Canada. We do not have one. These are the following problems I have had with my RV from day 1 and I wonder if anyone had experienced this many and if they have replaced the RV?
1. lock did not work in main sliding door(took a year to replace it)
2. fridge door did not close , food spoilt all summer. Replaced in the fall
3. kitchen sink basket cracked . Flood in the kitchen
4. kitchen faucet had a leak, faulty design , flood in the kitchen
5. hose under bathroom sink too short, water in the Cupboard under the sink
6. Leak in the gas stove, needed to be removed, new one ordered, took 6 weeks
7. light switch in kitchen island did not work, was wired backwards.
8. bunkroom window latch did not work, needed to be replaced
9. kitchen slide out, is so damaged underneath and on top.held together with tape now.
10. I had wax put on my trailer for protection. The white wax was smeared all over the black trim of the RV . They have tried to clean it, cover it up. Nothing worked. Finally they replaced the fenders, which were the worst.
In 50 years of camping ,starting with a tenttrailer, I have only had one problem on my Bighorn fifth wheeler . That was the automatic vent in the ceiling. At my age, I thought, I would buy a brand new RV, so I would not have any problems.
11. wallpaper was coming apart in the bedroom, seal needed to be replaced
12. the sides(not sure if that is the correct expression) on the roof are starting to separate

The problem was also, that I had to fight all the way with the service department to come out , repair items or re imburse me for the plumbing and gas jobs, which needed to be done quickly. it was a struggle the whole time to deal with RV CANADA.I wonder if anyone had all these problems. Renate
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 03:46 PM   #2

Hi Renate, sorry you're having so many issues with your TT.
You might not get a response here in the Welcome Mat area, but if you repost to here, LINKY, you'll have better luck as there are generally more people looking over there. Good luck and welcome to JOF from SW Michigan!

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote