Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #1

Seeking cooler weather from AZ!

Hello everyone,

I'm a new owner of a 2021 Jayco JayFlight SLX 8 264BHW with the Baja and Rocky Mountain upgrades. I've used travel trailers in the past but this is the first one I've owned. We've taken it out once so far to a RV park as a dry run without the kids and are going boondocking soon for the first time.

The goal is to take this with us to the SoCal dunes and be able to wash the sand off each day! I've got 3 kids, the wife and 2 dogs that will be packed in here and I think this is the perfect compromise between size, weight and space. It's got all of the amenities I could ask for and with the upgraded packages should allow us to boondock with some generator usage for several days.

Currently I'm towing this rig with my 2018 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 with the 5.0L V8. This one is fully tuned, bolt-ons, 2 inch level, air bags and 35" Nitto Grapplers - I don't believe in stock

We'll also be using this camping in the white mountains as well as doing family trips to national parks, out of state family and other large attractions. Just before buying this we spent a week in western Montana and a few days just outside of Yellowstone National Park this summer which was the first vacation/road trip my family has done using my buddy's Starcraft TT. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to making memories in our own before the kids are fully grown and making their own way in the world.

I'm a big DIY'er, modder and enthusiast of customizing something into making it my own.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1566.jpg   IMG_1555.jpg   IMG_1568.jpg   IMG_1570.jpg  
Old 09-16-2020, 02:31 PM   #2

I do have one question someone may be able to help out with, my model number is 264BHW which I believe means my living space is 26' 4" and then the BH is bunk house but what does the W stand for?
Old 09-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #3

I always thought the w meant 8 feet wide vs 7 feet wide. Also thought they dropped the w from the model name.
Wish my 18 264bh ( no w) had that taller curbside rear storage hatch. Would make reaching the low water drain and water heater bypass a lot easier to reach.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old and soft View Post
I always thought the w meant 8 feet wide vs 7 feet wide. Also thought they dropped the w from the model name.
Wish my 18 264bh ( no w) had that taller curbside rear storage hatch. Would make reaching the low water drain and water heater bypass a lot easier to reach.
That would certainly make sense if the W = wide. I thought the SLX 7 vs SLX 8 made that difference. Is your '18 not 8' wide?

The rear curb side hatch size is AWESOME! That's where I store our camp chairs, table, cot and water tubs.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum from northeast Illinois.

I have a 2019 SLX 298BH. It is the longer cousin of your floor plan. We’ve owned it since June and we love it.

To answer your question, SLX7 are seven feet wide. SLX8 are 8 feet wide.

The W in your model number means it was built at the Idaho factory. The W is for West. Units without the W were built in Indiana. You can prove it by going on the Jayco website. When you select your location on the east coast, you don’t see any Ws in the model number, but when you select the west coast you do.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Welcome to the forum from northeast Illinois.

I have a 2019 SLX 298BH. It is the longer cousin of your floor plan. We’ve owned it since June and we love it.

To answer your question, SLX7 are seven feet wide. SLX8 are 8 feet wide.

The W in your model number means it was built at the Idaho factory. The W is for West. Units without the W were built in Indiana. You can prove it by going on the Jayco website. When you select your location on the east coast, you don’t see any Ws in the model number, but when you select the west coast you do.
Awesome! Congrats on your new acquisition and thank you for the explanation.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #7

Welcome to the site and congrats!!

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote