Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2022, 02:26 PM   #1

Slide help!

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 2002 26.5 rks from a recently retired couple and I love it thus far! My only issue is my slide out us stuck in the out position. We're plugged into shore power and the battery reads fully charged on our monitor panel. When pressing the button the lights dim like it is drawing power but no movement what so ever, any trouble shooting ideas? Thanks in advance!
2002rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:41 PM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Owner's forums. Sorry to hear of your issues and perhaps someone with a unit just like yours will comment soon.

Does your have 2 slides, if so does the other one work as it should? Another possibility is that even if the battery shows full voltage it may not be in good condition. If possible I would try to also connect the trailer to the truck which would help a little with the 12v power, or consider jumper cables from the truck to the RV.

It is also possible something has jammed the slide, check for obstruction on the roof of the slide and all around (in fact I would do this first). If nothing is found, I would try to have the stronger of you two (or more ) try to push the slide in while someone inside tries the switch.

Last thought, most slides have a manual method to bring them in, however someone more familiar with your unit would need to explain the procedure, or if you have the manuals it likely would be listed in there how to manually bring in the slide. Best Wishes for sure, ~CA
Old 04-26-2022, 03:16 PM   #3

IF you're plugged in the battery will always read full charge. Unplug from shore power and see what the battery monitor says. My guess is a bad battery.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
IF you're plugged in the battery will always read full charge. Unplug from shore power and see what the battery monitor says. My guess is a bad battery.
That's good to know! Will being plugged in will shore power not operate the slide?
2002rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 05:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002rks View Post
That's good to know! Will being plugged in will shore power not operate the slide?
I put my slides out on my 5'er only when plugged into 50 amp. The batteries seem to strain and it takes longer for the slide to fully open.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote