Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to T&R Emptynest Send a message via MSN to T&R Emptynest Send a message via Yahoo to T&R Emptynest
Slide outs

Hello all,
My wife and I just purchased a 2018 Jayco 24.5 CKTS. The trailer is very nice and just the right size for us now.
But when we got it home and went into the trailer we noticed the dining room slide rides about 2 inches from the floor and the same with the kitchen slide.
It seams the slides when pulled in ride like this but it leaves the trailer with about a 2 inch gap between the main floor and the slides.
Upon looking a little closer we noticed that in the corners of the slides and main floor there is about a 2 inch gap allowing daylight to come through, when I looked into the gap I could see the tires, As far as we can tell this unit is not sealed very well. The only thing keeping critters, dust, road grime and whatever else out is a piece of foam and thin rubber strip. I hope this is not correct.
Anyone else have a 24.5 CKTS with the same issue. And is this normal for this model, I sincerely hope not.
I have already talked to the dealer and they said they would look at it when it goes in to have the flooring redone due to a rip in the linoleum from the kitchen slide.
Just want to know if anyone else has this same trailer and same issue with the slides.

Any suggestions
Thank you Ted
T&R Emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Ted,
CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

I have not remember hearing of anyone having this issue. There have been some members that had to have them re-aligned. I do not know how long it will be until you get to get the work done, but I would take some wide blue painters tape and cover the openings to keep any critters out and any rain.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to T&R Emptynest Send a message via MSN to T&R Emptynest Send a message via Yahoo to T&R Emptynest
Hello Don,
Thank you for your reply and tip on covering up the affected area's. I am hoping this is just a one off and it is an alignment issue.

Either way the trailer is a very nice unit and we are excited to use it once it is repaired, hopefully before the snow fly's but around here it could be 70 one day 6 inches of snow the next.

We did get in touch with Jayco customer service, The representative was very polite and helpful.

My wife emailed the customer service all her pictures and we are waiting to hear from Jayco customer service.

Will post pictures when I figure how to probably post in the correct area.

Ted
T&R Emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote

« New Here | 174bh »