Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #1

Soon to Own 23MBH

Just wanted to say Hi!

I have been to this forum before but just officially joined today. We are in the process of purchasing our first travel trailer. Have done the tent and then the pop-up camper thing and then stayed at some cabins but borrowed a friend's truck and 5th wheel last summer and fell in love with the experience!

After much research, including this forum, and attending a couple RV shows and numerous dealers we have decided that a Jayco brand trailer is what we are going to park in our driveway.

We were ready to purchase our 23MBH today but found out the one we wanted just sold yesterday, and the only others remaining at the dealer have interior colors we don't like. So, we can either order one the way we want it of wait for delivery in late April. Or we can try to find something some distance away from where we live.

I played with google maps today and scoured every Jayco dealership within a 500 mile radius. There are not a lot of White Hawk 23MBH's available but I was able to find a few with the colors and options we want. They are all about 4 to 7 hours away. I have contacted them each via email and hopefully we can come close the the price I had gotten from our local dealer.

Anyway, I hope to frequent this forum a lot going forward, learning and sharing with all of you along the way.
videoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Jayco! Let us know how you like the murphy bed. We've got one on order so a bit curious.
Happy Camping!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
I have had one for about a year now and we really love it. We looked at many dealers as well but settled for our local one. We waited about 6 weeks on it but for us that was okay because we ordered it in December. I do have a blog about our camping adventures at http:\\www.maddoxtrails.com
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:49 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum,
Bought one last year and really like it. The murphy bed is pretty nice, living room by day, bedroom at night. Feels way bigger than our old camper and it was the same length box. Make sure they show you the winterizing steps when you do the PDI or you'll look forever for the pump. Mines under the sink behind a panel that takes a screwdriver to get to. The water heater bypass under the bottom bunk is easy to find though.
Feel free to ask questions, there are several owners of the same model on this forum.
Happy camping!
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #7

Welcome !!!!! just order what you want it's your money don't settle for less or wrong colors
TST 507 flow thru

Livinglife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #8

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

We finally found one with the interior and options we wanted and it's not too far from us! I searched and talked to dealers up to almost 500 miles away and no could beat the original quote we got from the first dealer we were working with. One dealer did get close and that's the one were are getting.

I put money down on it today and will pick it up in a couple weeks! Super excited!! We are already starting to plan our first trip in early April. Problem is, it's still winter here so we are planning a long trip to FL right out of the gate :/ We have some family to visit and it should be fairly warm there.

I would have preferred to have a shorter maiden voyage, but anywhere within a couple hundred miles won't be warm yet. The hour plus drive from the dealer in a couple weeks will have to be our first trip We will have some time to play with things and try everything out before we head out.

Happy Camping!!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert RVers View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Jayco! Let us know how you like the murphy bed. We've got one on order so a bit curious.
Happy Camping!
Thanks!

I love concept of the murphy bed for sure and how it hides away when you don't need it. The floor plan when it's hidden is what sold us on it! The main area feels really big and seems just right for 3-4 of us. Also, the trailer is not so big that it will feel like it's too much when it's just the two of us. The bunks are decent when needed and a great place for storage when traveling. Plus I won't have to haul that extra 3 to 4 feet of length around when towing.

We researched a lot and I feel really good about our decision, but time will tell how we feel after living with it for a while.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaddox View Post
I have had one for about a year now and we really love it. We looked at many dealers as well but settled for our local one. We waited about 6 weeks on it but for us that was okay because we ordered it in December. I do have a blog about our camping adventures at http:\\The Camping Trails We Find and Create | The Camping Trails We Find and Create
Thanks John!

I read all of your blog and it's got me exited to get out and use this thing! Hopefully we don't run into too many time constraints where we can't get out as much as we'd like. I am sure it will be challenge though. RVing seems like it requires a lot of extra time for travel so we will need to really work hard to make the time.

A new motto that I have been using with my family recently is, "It's not the destination, it's the adventure!" I think I heard or read this somewhere...maybe this forum Exploring the sights on the way to where we are going seems like half the fun to me. I want discover places I have never been or have never seen before. The journey is the adventure.

I can't wait!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #11

My wife thinks similar yo the journey bit but I am still sometimes focused on the destination, at least for short trips. I do need to slow down and enjoy the journey though. I am looking forward to retirement when I can really slow down and enjoy the camper
Old 03-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #12

Thanks jmaddox and videoguy! I agree about the travel too, time to enjoy the journey as well as the destination. We decided on our travels this summer to only drive a maximum of 200 miles per day (or close to that). Ya have to stop to smell the roses so to speak.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #13

I will point that out. We have a trip planned for out west and I am trying to decide how far to go each day. I want to only go about 500 miles per day (gas tank limit) but others think I can go longer. I also read on here that a comment was made to the driver that if they do not stop by 3pm there will not be time to prepare dinner. Interesting things to think about
Old 03-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #14

Welcome to the forum.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23mbh