Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooks View Post
All I did for the computer chair was get a few small D-ring that screws into the wall or floor and just wrap a bungee cord around the chair hooked into the D-rings. Any of the travel trailers you see that have a dinning table with stand alone chairs from the factory have some type of ring on the floor to strap the chairs down while towing.
Thanks! I never thought of that.. Guess I haven't gone to enough RV shows yet!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #22

A few more questions

First, thanks for showing this mod can easily be done, and looks great. I did have a few more questions.

First, what was your solution for the lp detector? I'm guessing you just pushed the wires in the wall and secured it to the wall, or did you cut a hole and recess it?

Second, how much is the wheel well in your way? Your chair by the door actually looks closer to the wall than I would have expected, but I'm guessing here that it's just camera distortion or my weak brain playing tricks on me.

Thanks.
MontanaRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #23

>>First, what was your solution for the lp detector? I'm guessing you just pushed the wires in the wall and secured it to the wall, or did you cut a hole and recess it?

That’s what I did, someday I may recess it but I’m too lazy for now.

>>Second, how much is the wheel well in your way?

Not in the way, the chair needs to be out from the wall to swivel and it’s exactly the distance that the wheel well sticks out, the chair swivels over it. That was a very pleasant surprise.

Daniel

2018 Jayco SLX 195RB
2018 Honda Pilot
autowbrake.com brake controller
dexstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #24

Thanks
MontanaRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #25

Silverware "drawer" addition to 195RB

I added a shelf in the pantry cabinet beside counter. I used quarter round and 1/4 inch oak finish plywood. I had some leftover stain that was not too far off.
This will give us a place for silverware and kitchen utensils without taking up to much space.
After looking the spouse has arranged a silverware drawer that is adjustable in front and a second one with cooking utensils behind it.

We were both tired of having to un-stack stuff to get to silverware.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF3448.jpg   DSCF3449.jpg  
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 03:52 PM   #26

Thank you so much for sharing this! Seeing yours makes me excited about removing the dinette in my SLX 195RB! The dinette is uncomfortable and the under-seat storage goes unused due to inconvenience, so it all might as well go. You picked out the perfect replacement seating which appears to go well with the interior of the camper. Nicely done!
Did you have any issues getting the chairs through the narrow doorway?
redbarnwesternfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 05:30 PM   #27

I also ended up doing this mod (much sooner than I originally planned). Chair selection is important, I measured carefully, and the chairs I got have to be angled slightly to get in and out, but not bad. Most chairs I found would not work (I wanted tilt/swivel barrel chairs). If you don't want to be able to take them in and out, you will have more choices, as you can assemble the chair to the base in the camper, but we like the ability to use these also as camp chairs.

This is the link for the ones we got: https://www.amazon.com/Costway-Swive...01N69DVC6&th=1
Old 05-06-2023, 05:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexstrom View Post
How do these work when you travel? Do you secure them some how, turn them over or just or leave them as they are? I just wondered if they slide around when you're on the move.
redbarnwesternfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 04:55 PM   #29

This was a big concern I had when I did this. What I do is turn them upside down and push them forward against the foot of the bed. I cover them with the plastic bags that came with the chairs (pretty light weight, but still holding up after many years/miles of travel). This has worked well for us, and we often travel rough forest service and blm roads. By pushing the chairs forward against the bed, they won't move around in the case of a sudden stop, while sudden starts (which would have them potentially slide back) simply don't happen while towing.

One chair does end up blocking the refrigerator from fully opening, so when we do something like stopping for lunch, where we need fridge access, I kind up prop that chair halfway on the other. One time I forgot to move it back down, and it ended up moving around quite a bit (luckily only caused a minor scratch that isn't noticeable).

Tags
195rb, dinette mod, seats