Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #1

Taking delivery of new 32BHDS

Howdy.

New to this forum. We take delivery of our Jay Flight G2 32BHDS tomorrow evening from the dealer, after waiting three weeks on our factory order. Moving up after seven years in our Coleman Utah pop-up; too much for the A/C to cool the soft sides with the scorcher of a summer in Texas last year.

We're psyched since the dealer originally expected six weeks for delivery, claiming that transport from Indiana would be the biggest delay. Got lucky since the factory already had our model type started and simply customized the features we wanted. Really looking forward to the bunkhouse for our kids.

Held out for the 2011 when we learned that the Jayco bunkhouse models were adding the DW's requested outdoor kitchen. Came close to buying a Keystone Sprinter since it already had the o/d kitchen, but I was concerned about the roof leak stories with Keystone's and DW did not care for the minimal number of bunkhouse windows (too dreary).

DW already has maiden voyage reservations at the KOA near home for tomorrow night, so that we can organize new TT and make up for a lost month of camping w/o the pop-up. She and the kids already snuck up to the dealer to kick the tires today while I was at work. I've been warned that my first mod will be to expand the entertainment center to accomodate more than the standard 22" LCD--guess the kids will be getting a 22" in the bunkhouse.

Thanks to everyone for their helpful posts over the past few months. I've been a troller here and on other forums, and all of the valuable info really helped convince me that I wanted a Jayco with its reputation. The 2011 outdoor kitchen sealed the deal.

2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2008 F250 SD King Ranch CC SRW 4WD 6.4PSD
Equal-i-zer 1200 WDH
higgywool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #2

Welcome higgywool and congrats on your brand new Jay Flight G2 32BHDS. Enjoy your maiden voyage and all the trips after.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #3

HiggyWool, glad you could come out and graduate from trolling!! Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum and congrats on the new tt. We also considered the Keystone; seriously considered it. We were glad that I decided to research opinions and reviews of the Keystone Passport and learned of leak problems, poor customer service, etc. Couldn't find much in the way of bad reviews with the Jayco. Although our closest Jayco dealers are three and four hours away, I'm pretty happy with the choice to go w/Jayco. Post some pics when ya get a chance
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #4

Enjoy the OD kitchen.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum, be sure and stop in from time to time and enjoy that new trailer!
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #6

Local mayden voyage went well. Spent the time unpacking/storing and reading the various appliance owner's manuals. Completed the basic mods of attaching 2 AirMaxx vent covers and the mud dauber insect screens to external vents (fridge, furnace and water heater.)

Equalizer hitch (new) seemed to work well, but really did not get to hit interstate speeds. Dealer set-up but it was easy enough for me to hitch/un-hitch.

The 15,000 A/C worked very well with this weekend's 97 degrees and humidity. Loved the gutter/rain spout corner extensions---defelected the A/C condensation away from the external walls.

All appliances worked well--even the outdoor fridge kept cokes and beers cold, despite the heat. The outdoor kitchen attracted some stairs and a few visitors who were intrigued by the set-up.

Two Questions:
1) Does Jayco provide an actual Owner's Manual, or am I left with my dealer walk-through and individual appliance manuals?

2) Are BAL X-chocks or comparible locking chocks great at stopping the floating sway/rock of the trailer? We were on level pad, used standard wheel wedge chocks, and had all 4 corner scissor jackes out; but even when the 80 lbs labrador walked about at night, it made the new TT sway some. Any other recommendations to stop the motion? DW said that she actually awoke first night feeling slight motion sickness.

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2008 F250 SD King Ranch CC SRW 4WD 6.4PSD
Equal-i-zer 1200 WDH
higgywool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgywool View Post
2) Are BAL X-chocks or comparible locking chocks great at stopping the floating sway/rock of the trailer? We were on level pad, used standard wheel wedge chocks, and had all 4 corner scissor jackes out; but even when the 80 lbs labrador walked about at night, it made the new TT sway some. Any other recommendations to stop the motion? DW said that she actually awoke first night feeling slight motion sickness.

Thanks to all for the well wishes.
We purchased our Bal X-Chock after reading on another forum how wonderful they were to stop sway. Nope, not with our particular tt anyhow But they do keep the tt put when tightened down. We like that you can throw a cheapy lock on them to slow a thief down When we have the stabilizers down and the BXC, we don't feel movement.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote