Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-17-2017, 02:57 PM   #1

Thank you Jayco Family

Wife and I are close to full retirement and semi-full Time RV living. Currently, a 26 ft. TT and a 2016 Ram 6.7 TD 2500. Plans include moving up to 3500 DRW and appx 40 ft. Full time 5r. Grand Design and Jayco Pinnacle and North Point are two choices. KZ a possible. Looking forward to hearing from Jayco owners
JeffNJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #2

Not any info to help your choice (my Jayco has been okay but I don't like the finish quality) but I went and looked at the GD & Pinnacle pictures.

They say they have residential refers but on some of the pics they look like a house unit and other look like an RV unit. The GD pics show what to me look like a dual mode refer. Do they now make refers that look like a dual mode but actually have a compressor in them?

Semi-FT means you have a house but do extended travel?
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNJenn View Post
Wife and I are close to full retirement and semi-full Time RV living. Currently, a 26 ft. TT and a 2016 Ram 6.7 TD 2500. Plans include moving up to 3500 DRW and appx 40 ft. Full time 5r. Grand Design and Jayco Pinnacle and North Point are two choices. KZ a possible. Looking forward to hearing from Jayco owners
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on being close to full retirement and happy trailer shopping.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #4

JeffNJenn, Welcome to the JOF. Retirement is great and traveling in our MH is a lot of fun though we are not ready to be full timers. No matter what brand of RV one gets these days there will be issues. We chose Jayco because our research noted that their RVs were better than most and the 2 year unlimited warranty is great. We were also fortunate to find an outstanding dealer who has worked closely with us to resolve any issues we have had. Most of the issues were cosmetic in nature with one exception and that was taken care of very quickly. Good luck and continued happy camping.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your soon to be full retirement. My wife and I are still many years from retiring fully, but have cut back our work schedules to maybe 9 months a year. We are both enjoying the freedom to travel for extended times and look forward to the day when we can be fully retired.

There are lots of excellent members here and i'm sure that you will have any questions on your future Jayco unit answere.

Just one little word of advice. Maybe consider making your transition to full retirement and extended RVing separate from your purchase of your next unit. After you become semi-full time or full time, you may find that some features or design elements that excite you now, may be less important than others once you are truly at it full time.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #6
Site Team

WELCOME TO JOF!!!

The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

DW spent a year looking for the RIGHT TT to meet our (HER...) requirements. We have complaints!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #7

I looked seriously at the Grand Design. Very nice fit-and-finish.

In my case: Champagne taste, beer pocketbook (bought used)