Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
Site Team

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Jeannie! Wow, you have ambitious plans! It sounds as though you will become intimate with the Mods Forum! Take pics and post mods when you can

-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #12

Sounds like you will have your plate full for awhile. I would reconsider the F-150 to pull it. I know what the dealers says but I wouldn't do it. I have a 33rlds and pull it with a 2002 Ford excursion and I am real close on all the weights. I would not be worried about pulling it it is the stopping that would make me pucker. But whatever you decide good luck and enjoy. Later Ernie

2011 jayco 33rlds, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2008 Suzuki sx-4, hers. Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #13

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/experiencef150/

Jeannie - If you have any doubts about the Ecoboost, watch these series of videos. I drove one the other day. It is ridiculously impressive!

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain2000 View Post
http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/experiencef150/

Jeannie - If you have any doubts about the Ecoboost, watch these series of videos. I drove one the other day. It is ridiculously impressive!
I've seen the videos already. Keep in mind the first 150k was on a dyno. I still would like to hear from users in real life conditions first. Early reports on gas mileage have been very mixed with most not doing as well as Ford is claiming. All do agree it will get up and scoot. So will the 6.2. One user reported the 6.2 gets better gas mileage in his F150 than he got with the 5.4 in his '08 and it had more seat of the pants power then the Eco. That I find impresive, especially the improved mileage. I'm getting 18.5 to 19.4 highway and around 14 city with my '08 5.4 with 3.73 gears (the secret is eggs).

What I'm really concerned with is how it holds up over time. The torture test Ford did was mostly on a dyno which is not the same as real life no matter how they load it. Also, if the Eco is so great, why isn't it part of the SD lineup? Also, if something does go wrong with the Eco (and it has more to go wrong) once it goes out of warranty, it's going to cost an arm and a couple of legs to fix.If I had to buy right now, I would get the 6.2. However, I would rather wait a while to see how the Eco does. Of course, if I have to get an F250, the point is moot.

For those concerned about me using an F150 to pull my 330RLTS, I'm considering either getting the dealer to deliver it to a lot for me or renting a truck to haul it "home" so I can wait until the Eco has had a chance to prove itself (or not). It's still going to be as much as a year from now before I pull the trigger on buying the trailer. Another reason for waiting is to see what my tongue weight will be once I finish with it which will determine if I can get away with an F150 or if I will have to get an F250. Tongue scales only run around $200 or so.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #15

I am thinking the dyno is pretty accurate to real world situations. They were even able to create extreme situations that no owner could put the truck through. Cold followed by heat followed by cold again in a matter of minutes. Climbing a continuous hill for thousands of miles. All good stuff. I do agree, time will truly tell, but if this new Ecoboost engine is anything like the current roll that Ford is on, they have a real winner on their hands.

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote