Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2020, 12:41 PM   #1

Are these New Post's only for the secret private groups?

Links in New Posts - are not accessible?

First pic is the post, second is the response page.
Attached Thumbnails
CaptureJOF20200530a.jpg   CaptureJOF20200530b.jpg  
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:52 PM   #2

It may be a Classified awaiting admin approval. I've gotten that message before and then a little while later I could access it. I'm sure, or hope, a MOD/ADMIN will answer soon.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
Site Team

I can't actually find the post in question to see exactly what the situation was with it. As Grumpy mentioned though, there are times that a post requires approval before it can be accessed, some classifieds, etc. I am assuming that the post in question was one of those.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
there are times that a post requires approval before it can be accessed, some classifieds, etc. I am assuming that the post in question was one of those.

If thats the case then users should not be able to view the post to begin with. If we can then you have a setup issue with the forum system software.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
If thats the case then users should not be able to view the post to begin with. If we can then you have a setup issue with the forum system software.
I agree with you. You shouldn't be able to see a post if you are not able to access it. I have absolutely no idea why it was there to begin with.

Again, I haven't been able to find the original post in question. So, I can't say specifically what happened in that case. If it shows up again, or one like it, please let us know so that we can investigate further.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #6
Site Team

OK, just thinking through this again. There is another possibility. Even though your screen shows that you are logged in, sometimes for whatever reason, the forum doesn't recognize you. If that is the case, logout and log back in. Sometimes clearing cookies can help.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:28 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Links in New Posts - are not accessible?

First pic is the post, second is the response page.
Let me make sure I'm reading and interpreting this correctly. You're viewing some post by User Nmselsh and on the right in the Recent Threads window, is a thread entitled "Blue Ox brake assist now free if..." that, I presume, caught your attention. So you clicked on the thread to view it, but instead of it appearing on your screen, you received an error message from vBulletin.

So, you want to why this happened. A fair question and the Site Team members here appreciate you taking the time to ask because, sometimes we don't even know when there's a problem unless someone notifies us or the computer comes to a screeching halt.

I attempted to view this thread myself, just to see if I get the same vBulletin error, but I couldn't find it. A forum search on the words "Blue Ox" yielded me 44 threads containing "Blue Ox" ranging from May 1st of this year back to May of 2011. None of them had a thread entitled of "Blue Ox brake assist now free if...".

So, I apologize for being unable to provide an answer to your question. Based on my findings, I have to think that somewhere between the time the webpage appeared on your screen and when you clicked on that thread to view it, it was possibly renamed, deleted or merged into another thread, thus, making it no longer available.

If by chance, you see this thread appear again, please let us know.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #8

So to clarify some of your Q's...

I've got admin credentials on VBul on some of our internal forums we own, so with my meager access on JOF.... I refreshed my session a couple of times. The first time I saw that link, it was #3 from the top in the array. I clicked that link and it took me to the same error page every time. I perused some other threads and my account WAS logged in as I also went to my CP. As I continued to view other threads, I went back to this one again and confirmed that the Issue was still persisting. Then I went and grabbed the screen shots as I was viewing another thread that I was actively following Mnwelsh is the thread starter. ((https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...nna-76102.html))
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM III View Post

I attempted to view this thread myself, just to see if I get the same vBulletin error, but I couldn't find it. A forum search on the words "Blue Ox" yielded me 44 threads containing "Blue Ox" ranging from May 1st of this year back to May of 2011. None of them had a thread entitled of "Blue Ox brake assist now free if...".

If by chance, you see this thread appear again, please let us know.
It was here as late as this morning, but now it's gone. Midnightmoon was also working on it. You may want to message him.

Parts, Accessories & Miscellaneous Classifieds

Tags
top secret sub forums, vbprivate groups