Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
Site Team

Changes to forum - security update

We are going to be updating the forum to SSL or "Secure" browsing in the coming day and you may see some small changes. We have had logins and passwords behind a secure interface (https) for some time but not the daily browsable content of posts and threads.

This should not impact your viewing experience at all and there is no change needed to your bookmarks but it's possible that you might get an error message upon login that says something about "too many redirects"

This may happen because we are setting a redirect in place to reroute you to the secure version of the site and some browsers (especially safari) kick up an alert about this.

If this happens to you the simple solution is to clear your cookies, cache and restart your browser or device.
Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #2

New Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We are going to be updating the forum to SSL or "Secure" browsing in the coming day and you may see some small changes. We have had logins and passwords behind a secure interface (https) for some time but not the daily browsable content of posts and threads.

This should not impact your viewing experience at all and there is no change needed to your bookmarks but it's possible that you might get an error message upon login that says something about "too many redirects"

This may happen because we are setting a redirect in place to reroute you to the secure version of the site and some browsers (especially safari) kick up an alert about this.

If this happens to you the simple solution is to clear your cookies, cache and restart your browser or device.
Hi Janet,
Not sure if it has anything to do with what you are doing but tonight, for the first time ever, ads popped up in every single post by someone. They were Google ads and very irritating.

Not sure what the "titles" mean but since you are "site" you must be important. Thanks for all the work all of you do, this forum is the best forum I have experienced. Hats off to the Moderators also!
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #3

is the update complete yet? now my address bar shows "NOT SECURE" is red letters. thats new since you announced the update.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #4

Speaking of ads, I would donate to this forum to make it ad free.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #5

This site is confusing. Where do I post a question for the forum?
JD51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD51 View Post
This site is confusing. Where do I post a question for the forum?
Choose the forum you wish to post in, for example "Jayco travel trailers" . Click on "new thread" . Ask your question in the title and in more detail in the post.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #7

Once you are signed in, and "in a forum" such as "Travel Trailers," look at the upper left above the posts from the tread. You will see a button there, "New Thread."
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:48 AM   #8

not secure in browsing

Im still showing "not secure" in the browser. Ive deleted all cookies and restarted JOF sign in but still not working. Are you still working on security update?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:55 AM   #9

https here...

But I use the "https everywhere" extension for Chrome, so if the URLs are available, they are preferentially used.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyExpress View Post
Im still showing "not secure" in the browser. Ive deleted all cookies and restarted JOF sign in but still not working. Are you still working on security update?
We need more specific information before the problem can be researched. "the browser" doesn't tell us anything because everyone uses a browser to access this forum and there are many different ones in use.

How are you accessing JOF? Windows? Mac? Mobile? Tapatalk?

Remember, we're digital doctors here and we need you to tell us all your symptoms whether you think they're important or not. If you went to a doctor and he asked you what's wrong, I'm sure you wouldn't respond "I don't feel good". We're at an additional disadvantage here as we can't see what's going on at your end.

Thanks in advance for your understanding in this matter.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM III View Post
We need more specific information before the problem can be researched. "the browser" doesn't tell us anything because everyone uses a browser to access this forum and there are many different ones in use.

How are you accessing JOF? Windows? Mac? Mobile? Tapatalk?

Remember, we're digital doctors here and we need you to tell us all your symptoms whether you think they're important or not. If you went to a doctor and he asked you what's wrong, I'm sure you wouldn't respond "I don't feel good". We're at an additional disadvantage here as we can't see what's going on at your end.

Thanks in advance for your understanding in this matter.

i use a pc windows 7, chrome browser.

ive cleared cookies, cleared all browsing data still saying unsecured
Old 10-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #12

I first started getting errors when using the PHOTOBUCKET adress on my posted photos... Now I ocassionally get an error msg saying my photos are HTTP: not HTTPS: in the address line...

I finally broke down and spent all day a week or so ago and got all of my photos I like to send out all in one place and actually added all them to my IMGUR Photo site. It has 400-500 photos now added there to support all of my forum activities... This includes RV NET - JAYCO NET- STARCRAFT NET - POPUPPORTAL and a few HAM RADIO NETS...

All of my forum errors for photos are way down now...

I find most all of my photos to send to the forum members from the Internet and now always do a IMAGE VIEW INFO for the photo to see exactly what is in its address line before adding to the forum POST form to send. If it doesn't have the HTTPS: address line then i will add it to my IMGUR PHOTO Program account where it will use their HTTPS: URL address line...

All of this started for me when PHOTOBUCKET stopped allowing their photos to be viewed in public forums unless you pay a fee... I finally retrieved all of photobucket photos by using SAVE TO FILE from their site and now have them in a folder on my Hard Drive under a different name... Some of the photos were very small in resolution which has created another problem of course. I like my photos to be saved 640 x 480 or 1024 x 768 resolution . You can always make those smaller but you can't make them bigger without losing pixels (gets blurry)

Now that I got a good working setup again. Now IMGUR will probably do what PHOTOBUCKET did. At least I now have all my working photos stored on my hard drive... I haven't played much with WIN10 and they may have a built-in POSTING SERVICE as well... Seems like back in the day there was always a way to public share your photos from a built-in posting service that added the proper HTTP URL address to the filename...

Getting harder to stay just a step away of things happening haha...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote