Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #1

Posting pictures ?

I have been trying over and over to post a picture that keeps coming upside down. Nothing I have done has worked. I look at the picture on my PC and it is fine. I have made them so small that you would need to blow them up to see them, someone had mentioned that I might have been sending too large of a pic. Well I use Pixresizer and have reduced it down to less than 60 kb and more and I still get a picture either upside down or sideways. HELP anyone!

I'm not the smartest person on computers but I can usually figure this stuff out with a little bit of help! I can post pictures over on the Forest River Forum site, which I belonged to with my Cedar Creek, and had zero problems posting. What is wrong here or am I doing something wrong?
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Pic was taken with an Apple product. That always happens. I'm not sure how to prevent it but I know I've downloaded the upside down pic, turned it, then saved it and uploaded it using the upload tool.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:41 PM   #3

Most people hold the camera with the volume buttons pointing up. When this is done, the photo's will be upside down on windows machines. Some software developers ignore the EXIF orientation tag that Apple uses. That's why some sites may display it correctly and others don't. . You can avoid this issue by taking photos with the volume buttons down, but it's not as convenient. Try and use a photo editor(like Picasa) to orient them correctly, or orient only the photo's for this site upside down and see if the turn out right side up. Worth a shot.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
Most people hold the camera with the volume buttons pointing up. When this is done, the photo's will be upside down on windows machines. Some software developers ignore the EXIF orientation tag that Apple uses. That's why some sites may display it correctly and others don't. . You can avoid this issue by taking photos with the volume buttons down, but it's not as convenient. Try and use a photo editor(like Picasa) to orient them correctly, or orient only the photo's for this site upside down and see if the turn out right side up. Worth a shot.
Skyguy, I have tried to orient the pictures that I have taken in various positions to see if it would make any difference but so far nothing has worked. I don't know if Picasa editor would make any difference or not, but I don't have it on my pc. I used the software in the PC to turn the pictures before posting. I have tried numerous ways but still when I post them they come out upside down. Very frustrating.
Still looking for the right way to do this.
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The easiest way for me is to load it into my photo album, then click on the picture and get the URL address, then I paste the URL into my post.
Doesn't require resizing or anything.

D.

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:06 PM   #6

This is really a longstanding Apple problem. By upside down I mean take the photo in landscape mode. Here is another fellows description of it.

Correction to my comment above, it actually does work if you hold your phone sideways. I misunderstood the articles instructions. When it says to have the volume buttons "facing down", I thought it meant to turn the phone upside down so the volume buttons were on the bottom (long ways, like you hold it when talking on the phone, but turning it upside down longways). But actually what it's saying is that if you turn your camera sideways to take a photo, make sure to turn it sideways so that the volume keys are on the bottom, so that the right side of the phone is on the top and the left side of the camera is on the bottom. This is very foreign to me since I don't typically take my photos in landscape, I typically take my photos holding the phone straight up and down. But regardless if you do this (turning the phone sideways so that the right side of the camera is on top), it works, your photos will be the right angle.

For the camera end there is a good app called Camera+ which supposedly can handle it but I've never tried it. On the windows computer I think you really need to use an editing program of some sort. Another guy said email them to yourself, correct the orientation, then send it. There is also a Youtube video on this issue search upside down Iphoto.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote