Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #1

Mind Boggling Questions........

Can you cry under water?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it is only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where is that extra penny going?

Once you are in heaven, are you stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you are ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They are going to see you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut,
why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They are both dogs!

If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

My Favorite:
How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #2

You asked for it.

Can you cry under water? yes

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it is only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where is that extra penny going? There is no extra penny. The first phrase, which should be "put your teo cents worth in," has someone making a comment with an arbitrary value of 2 cents while the second is an offer for one's thoughts with another arbitary value established. the two are unrelated and rarely, if ever, is any money exchanged.

Once you are in heaven, are you stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity? This is dangerous since most forums "frown" on religious discussions but here goes anyway (moderators: feel free to delete if necessary). Most religions today that believe in Heaven also believe people will go there in spiritual form so, no, we will not be stuck wearing the clothes we were buried in. But what about those who are cremated?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box? Because it would be too difficult and expensive to make a round box, especially one that coul;d be shipped flat to reduce shipping costs.

What disease did cured ham actually have? Cured ham has been "cured" of spoiling.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage? The wheel idea was too simple for rocket scientists.

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours? Most older babies sleep through the night. My daughter was colicky her first year so she didn't sleep well. My son, on the other hand slept like a log all night from two months on. It dynamite to wake him up.

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing? Yes.

Why are you IN a movie, but you are ON TV? Good question.

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground? Because of the novelty of being so high up.

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They are going to see you naked anyway. It wouldn't bother me but most people are uncomfortable with the idesa of someone watching them undress. With malpractice suits being so rampant, is it any wonder doctors are cautious?

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural? Bras were developed in the 18th century. Panties derive their name from pants which at one time (roughly pre 17th century) were two separate legs with additional pieces covering the gap front and rear, hence the term "pair."

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat? Because the heating element will heat up less if the voltage runs low and because, over time, the element will put out less heat due to metal in the element literally evaporating from the heat. The seemingly excessive setting compensates fo both conditions.

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him? "Cracks corn" means drinks corn whisky. It's the singer who doesn't care (the lyric actually goes "Jimmy cracks corn and I don't care") because the master, who is the one who would object to Jimmy drinking, has gone away and will not know about it. Most likely, the singer is Jimmy or is drinking with him.

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane? That would depend on local law which can vary widely.

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut,
why can't he fix a hole in a boat? Because that would have prematurely ended the series. Besides, the hole was bigger than a coconut.

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They are both dogs! It's a cartoon; build a bridge and get over it.

If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner? Ever try to buy a road runner dinner? Again, it's a cartoon.

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from? Mineral oil, lanolin, and fragrance.

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons? My answer would definitely get me banned from the forums!

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune? Yes.

Why did you just try singing the two songs above? I didn't. I had children; I'm quite familiar with both of them. Being a muscian also helps.

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window? Yes.

My Favorite:
How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered? A lot more important than me and you.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #3

Why do you park on your driveway and drive on the parkway?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #4

Wow.....my mind is definately boggled after reading all that!
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #5

Why do "wise guy" and "wise man" mean the opposite?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:26 AM   #6

What came first the chicken or the egg.
Answer: The Roaster.