Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2021, 04:02 PM   #1

Rags to Riches Story

Every morning, the CEO of a large bank in Manhattan walks to the corner for a shoe shine. He sits in an armchair, examines the WallStreet Journal and the shoe shiner buffs his shoes to a mirror shine.

One morning the shoe shiner asks the CEO: "What do you think about the situation in the stock market?" The man answered arrogantly, "Why are you so interested in that topic?" The shoe guy replies, "I have millions in your bank," he says, "and I'm considering investing some of the money in the capital market." "What"s your name? " asked the executive. John H. Smith was the reply.

The CEO arrives at the bank and asks the Manager of the Customer Department; Do we have a client named John H. Smith? "Certainly, answers the Customer Service Manager, "he is a high net worth customer with 12.6 million dollars in his account."

The executive comes out, approaches the shoe shiner, and says, "Mr. Smith, I would like to invite you next Monday to be the guest of honor at our board meeting and tell us the story of your life. I am sure we could learn something from your life's experience."

At the board meeting, the CEO introduces him to the board members. "We all know Mr. Smith, from the corner shoe shine stand, but Mr. Smith is also an esteemed customer. I invited him here to tell us the story of his life. I am sure we can learn from him." Mr. Smith began his story.

"I came to this country fifty years ago as a young immigrant from Europe with an unpronounceable name. I got off the ship without apenny. The first thing I did was change my name to Smith. I was hungry and exhausted. I started wandering around looking for a job but to no avail. Fortunately, I found a coin on the sidewalk. I bought an apple. I had two options, eat the apple and quench my hunger or start a business. I sold the apple for 25 cents and bought two apples with the money. I also sold them and continued in business.

"When I started accumulating a few dollars, I was able to buy a set of used brushes and shoe polish and started polishing shoes. I didn't spend a penny on entertainment or clothing, I just bought bread and some cheese to survive. I saved penny by penny and after a while, I bought a new set of shoe brushes and polishes in different shades and expanded my clientele. I lived like a monk and saved penny by penny. After a while, I was able to buy an armchair so my clients could sit comfortably while I shined their shoes, and that brought me more clients.

"I did not spend a penny on the joys of life. I kept saving every cent. A few years ago, when the previous shoe shiner on the corner decided to retire, I had already saved enough money to buy his shoeshine location at this great place.

"Finally, 6 months ago, my sister, who was a prostitute in Washington DC passed away and left me 12.6 million dollars."

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:46 PM   #2

Hahaha, good one.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #3

Here's one worse than that one:

Three elderly gentlemen sitting in a retirement home. The first gentleman says “If only I can have a good #1, not in dribs and drabs but a good easy flowing #1.”

The second gentleman says “If only I can do a good #2, you know, nice and solid. Not to have to squeeze and put pressure on that.”

The third gentleman says “ At 7:00 every morning, I have a wonderful #1, like torrential rains in Pago Pago, like the Mississippi River. At 7:05, I have a fabulous #2, like Mt. St. Helen’s erupting, like the lava flow at the Kilauea Volcano.”

Then the other two gentlemen ask him, “So what are you complaining about?”

The third gentleman answers, “I don’t get out of bed until 7:30AM!”
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:17 PM   #4

Those stories made my day!
Old 06-28-2021, 07:18 PM   #5

Ah, the joys of this forum!
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
Here's one worse than that one:

Three elderly gentlemen sitting in a retirement home. The first gentleman says “If only I can have a good #1, not in dribs and drabs but a good easy flowing #1.”

The second gentleman says “If only I can do a good #2, you know, nice and solid. Not to have to squeeze and put pressure on that.”

The third gentleman says “ At 7:00 every morning, I have a wonderful #1, like torrential rains in Pago Pago, like the Mississippi River. At 7:05, I have a fabulous #2, like Mt. St. Helen’s erupting, like the lava flow at the Kilauea Volcano.”

Then the other two gentlemen ask him, “So what are you complaining about?”

The third gentleman answers, “I don’t get out of bed until 7:30AM!”
LOL, another good one!
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:10 AM   #7

yup, another lesson in “careful what you wish for”.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote