Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #1

The gold miner

A man had been mining gold for 20 years with no success. Each day as he left for the mine his wife would nag him and tell him what a horrible miner he was. Each night when he returned with no gold she berated him from the time he got home until they went to bed.Finally, one day the miner strikes it rich and comes home with a pile of gold nuggets. The wife, now thrilled insists the miner take the gold to the bank even though its after dark. The miner wants to wait for sunrise but the wifes constant nagging finally gets to him. As he is hitching up the horse and buggy his teenage daughter ask if she can go with him. The miner agrees and they set off for town. Not far from home the miners worst fears come true as they are robbed by a group of nasty outlaws. The outlaws take everything they have and leave the miner and his daughter standing in the middle of a dusty road. Dejected, the miner takes his daughters hand and they begin the walk back home. After a few steps the daughter says Papa, I saved the gold. How could you have done that ask the miner? I put the nuggets in my mouth said the daughter. Oh my God, said the miner, we should have brought your mother, we could have saved the horse and buggy!
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote