Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2021, 11:00 AM   #1

Uh huh!

I've been behind this S.O.B!
Attached Thumbnails
FB_IMG_1637341077582.jpg  

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 11:20 AM   #2

I’ve been behind him but I’ve also been that SOB! I due my best to pull over on those narrow roads but sometimes there’s no place Togo for miles & 65-70 in the curves is a no no.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #3

Must be from across the pond considering the side of the road they're on!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #4

I remember years back I had a shiny fire engine red pickup truck and ran into a blizzard in July on the highway 34 in Rocky Mountain National park. I was going very slow and had my flashers on as I could hardly see and I couldn't easily see the road edges as the snow got deep very quickly (6~8" in 30 minutes or so). In any case I soon noticed a long line of vehicles behind me so I used a turnout to let them pass and instead of passing, they all followed me into the turnout and stopped as I had stopped, some remaining on the highway as the turnout couldn't hold but 5 or 6 vehicles, no one passed so I waited ~5 minutes and started on my way again with the same line of vehicles following me until we got out of the weather. Perhaps they thought my red pickup was an emergency vehicle or just that all of them preferred to follow the leader instead of being the leader. ~CA
Old 11-19-2021, 01:03 PM   #5

Saw a good example on Hwy 14, just west of Buffalo Wy. We were just starting are climb over the pass. Dually pulling a huge 5ver was on his way down, and almost to Buffalo, was going real slow (5mph slow), his truck brakes were smoking! The oncoming traffic was backed up for a looooooooooooong ways.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Saw a good example on Hwy 14, just west of Buffalo Wy. We were just starting are climb over the pass. Dually pulling a huge 5ver was on his way down, and almost to Buffalo, was going real slow (5mph slow), his truck brakes were smoking! The oncoming traffic was backed up for a looooooooooooong ways.
^^^^ Is a very scary feeling! ^^^^

Happened to me coming down from Big Bear in Cali. Traffic was going slow due to road construction, shear cliffs on each side. I must have been on the brake too much. Wife said she smelled something hot. I pressed on the brake peddle and nothing. Quickly hit the brake controller and used that to slow down. Then I alternated between the trailer brakes and the truck brakes the rest of the way down. Once I got home I readjusted the brake controller settings for a better balance.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
^^^^ Is a very scary feeling! ^^^^

Happened to me coming down from Big Bear in Cali. Traffic was going slow due to road construction, shear cliffs on each side. I must have been on the brake too much. Wife said she smelled something hot. I pressed on the brake peddle and nothing. Quickly hit the brake controller and used that to slow down. Then I alternated between the trailer brakes and the truck brakes the rest of the way down. Once I got home I readjusted the brake controller settings for a better balance.
When I saw this, and being a flatlander, I reached down and turned up the gain

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
My FIL (now deceased) used to say about times like that, “I puckered so tight you couldn’t pull a pin out with a tractor”.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 10:50 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I remember years back I had a shiny fire engine red pickup truck and ran into a blizzard in July on the highway 34 in Rocky Mountain National park. I was going very slow and had my flashers on as I could hardly see and I couldn't easily see the road edges as the snow got deep very quickly (6~8" in 30 minutes or so). In any case I soon noticed a long line of vehicles behind me so I used a turnout to let them pass and instead of passing, they all followed me into the turnout and stopped as I had stopped, some remaining on the highway as the turnout couldn't hold but 5 or 6 vehicles, no one passed so I waited ~5 minutes and started on my way again with the same line of vehicles following me until we got out of the weather. Perhaps they thought my red pickup was an emergency vehicle or just that all of them preferred to follow the leader instead of being the leader. ~CA
It was so nice of you to break trail, and give those folks a pair of tail lights to guide them. I've followed behind like that myself, and watched passers going too fast go off into the ditch. I'm in for slow and safe. You get an attaboy!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 05:23 AM   #10

I used to drive to the FL Keys once a month sometimes twice an always got behind someone like that. It's enough that 90% of the road down is 45 mph but they're drivin 35. Its water people move along. The 7 mile bridge is the worst for it.