Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2019, 04:20 AM   #801

I just got back from the store. Bought a box of tin foil for $1 an made a hat. So with a cup of coffee in one hand, phone in the other an my tin foil hat (only thing I'm missing is parents basement) did Kyle lay back all day? We all know drivers are known for running at 70-80% for what ever reason because they have admitted it.
If, if he did do just that to squash the debate of he is always dominating these races then all he did was start a other debate of the one I just me mentioned. This should me for a week from hell on Sirius Radio.
Kudos to Burton an Earnhardt for good runs. Looks like Jeffery is proving himself an Burton showing he can do this.
Have a wonderful day
Old 03-31-2019, 06:03 AM   #802
RPR

He may have got the call from NASCAR and was told not to stink the show up again. If he did NASCAR can make life very unpleasant for KBM and JGR.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:40 AM   #803

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
He may have got the call from NASCAR and was told not to stink the show up again. If he did NASCAR can make life very unpleasant for KBM and JGR.
Static electricity an faint voices in my ears from picking up local ham radio operators forced me to remove my tin foil that.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:40 AM   #804
Site Team

We have a big event at church this afternoon so I will not be able to watch the race. Not that I can't predict the result before it even begins. Hopefully KB will get his weekend sweep so that they can talk about it all week........LOL

In all seriousness, It should be a pretty good race today.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:45 AM   #805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
We have a big event at church this afternoon so I will not be able to watch the race. Not that I can't predict the result before it even begins. Hopefully KB will get his weekend sweep so that they can talk about it all week........LOL

In all seriousness, It should be a pretty good race today.
All depends on how comfortable they are with these cars now. Do they lay back out of not being sure or do they feel comfortable enough they know what to expect an take chances.
Have fun
Old 03-31-2019, 02:01 PM   #806

More stands at Texas than Atlanta but percentage wise more people at Atlanta. Time to lose a date at Texas an make room for Rockingham. Give back what you stole
Old 04-01-2019, 07:52 AM   #807
Site Team

In our NASCAR fan council survey today, they asked us what we thought of the new 2020 schedule. They asked specific questions on our thoughts on the moved Daytona and Indianapolis races, the Pocono double header, etc.

They also gave us space to write a commentary on what we liked and disliked about the 2020 schedule. I wrote that I wanted to see Vegas, California, and/or Texas lose a race and give it back to Darlington for a second race and/or reopen Rockingham.

I also wrote in the open comment section that there needs to be major changes in the cup qualifying process. My suggestion is to either go back to the boring old single car qualifying or put these guys on a short clock to get off of pit road.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:17 AM   #808

Quote:
In our NASCAR fan council survey today, they asked us what we thought of the new 2020 schedule. They asked specific questions on our thoughts on the moved Daytona and Indianapolis races, the Pocono double header, etc.

They also gave us space to write a commentary on what we liked and disliked about the 2020 schedule. I wrote that I wanted to see Vegas, California, and/or Texas lose a race and give it back to Darlington for a second race and/or reopen Rockingham.

I also wrote in the open comment section that there needs to be major changes in the cup qualifying process. My suggestion is to either go back to the boring old single car qualifying or put these guys on a short clock to get off of pit road.
Good reply. I think Nashville will get a date, not sure from who maybe California but I'm pretty sure they'll get a date.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:21 AM   #809
Site Team

I forgot about Nashville. If they give us another chance to comment, I will add that.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:27 PM   #810

Just checked the ticket prices an camp ground cost for Bristol. Ya it'll be a while before we go there. It's no Daytona but it's priced like Daytona
Old 04-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #811
Site Team

And they wonder why they can't fill the stands anymore. Of course, travel costs in general are becoming out of sight in most cases. My weekend in Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago came darn close to a grand by the time you factor hotel, meals, parking etc. Absolutely insane.

Old 04-02-2019, 06:09 PM   #812

Dang. Then to put up with all that noise that ain't no good.
Watching Tractor Pulls on MAVTV at the moment. I miss goin to those things. Used to have a good time when they had the Nationals in Eustis, Fl
Old 04-02-2019, 06:18 PM   #813
Site Team

You would enjoy the pulls they have not too far from me in New Centerville PA.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:18 AM   #814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
Just checked the ticket prices an camp ground cost for Bristol. Ya it'll be a while before we go there. It's no Daytona but it's priced like Daytona
Ticket prices are what they are, but we are camping at Lady King Equipment, just a short distance from the track on the same side of the road. You might want to check that out. The place where we used to camp got sold (it is a transport company), and the new owners didn't want to lease it to the folks who run the "campground," so we had to find a new spot. Don't know what the track is getting, but we are paying $450 for water, power, and a port-a-john (we never use the toilets in our camper). It's a gravel lot.
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:42 AM   #815

Quote:

I'm also a member of the Fan Council. I also commented on my survey that I would like to see Rockingham come back (more short tracks and fewer intermediate tracks). I also mentioned Nashville. When they asked what one thing I liked most about the 2020 schedule, I said Martinsville getting a night race and a better date (May vs. March). I really hope Martinsville sells out to standing room only at its first cup night race. That would be awesome for the sport and for the little town of Martinsville. I live only about 90 minutes away, but we will definitely camp for the night race
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #816

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitelover View Post
Ticket prices are what they are, but we are camping at Lady King Equipment, just a short distance from the track on the same side of the road. You might want to check that out. The place where we used to camp got sold (it is a transport company), and the new owners didn't want to lease it to the folks who run the "campground," so we had to find a new spot. Don't know what the track is getting, but we are paying $450 for water, power, and a port-a-john (we never use the toilets in our camper). It's a gravel lot.
Track camping $400 for power hookup $170 without it. We always camp on track property to avoid even longer walks an or worse driving. We'll make it one yr just not this one.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #817

Quote:
I'm also a member of the Fan Council. I also commented on my survey that I would like to see Rockingham come back (more short tracks and fewer intermediate tracks). I also mentioned Nashville. When they asked what one thing I liked most about the 2020 schedule, I said Martinsville getting a night race and a better date (May vs. March). I really hope Martinsville sells out to standing room only at its first cup night race. That would be awesome for the sport and for the little town of Martinsville. I live only about 90 minutes away, but we will definitely camp for the night race
Now that is one race I'd really like to see in 2020. First night race that is going to be awesome. I remember Darlingtons first time at night and that first race is something special.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #818
Site Team

Quote:
I'm happy to hear that we submitted similar info to NASCAR. Hopefully they are actually listening to what we are saying.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #819
RPR

A live web site where fans could post reactions and commits to NASCAR and be seen by everyone as the race is going on would be entertaining in its self.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:30 AM   #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
A live web site where fans could post reactions and commits to NASCAR and be seen by everyone as the race is going on would be entertaining in its self.
I thought their was something like that. Where people could make comments during a race. Maybe I heard that guy wrong and or misunderstood him